Chapter 2 - Snot Nosed Kids and Stranger Danger

"You're late!!" I heard a certain pink haired person call. I rubbed my eyes and saw Kakashi walking up at the same time. I thought for a moment and then said in perfect synchronization with Kakashi,"A black cat came across my path, so I had to take the long way."

Ah, the advantages of knowing what's going to happen. But I'm also kind of NOT A NINJA so ugh... I'm gonna die.... Oh dear Kami, I'm gonna die.

Everyone's heads turned to look at me and I practically yelled,"What?! You've never seen a superstitious girl before?"

They looked back at me one more time, but turned away and we started  walking towards the forest where our 'assignment' was supposed to be. Kakashi handed us each headsets and we split up.

How lame is having to find a cat?

"Okay Squad 7..." Kakashi started over the airwaves.

"Hm?! The target has moved!" That particular sentence said by my sensei killed my eardrums, but you could tell he was surprised.

What's so surprising about a cat, A CAT, moving?!

"Follow it!" he ordered into the headset.

Why waste my energy when I can just go where the cat will be? Now where was that again...?

I made my way to the alleyway where, not a few moments later, Naruto was mauled by a cat.

I hopped down from my seat on the wall and looked at the cat.

"Alright, well you probably shouldn't hurt him. Especially not his head, he has little brain-cells as it is.." I trailed off as I petted the feline that scratched up Naruto's face.

"Hey!" He yelled after a few moments

Great reaction time there, Naruto...

I sighed and carried the poor cat to its owner. I felt bad for the thing, but then when I looked at Naruto's face I smiled and remembered how much the cat deserved it.

**

The Hokage greeted us as he talked to Iruka. The Fuedal Lord's wife couldn't wait any longer and yanked the cat out of my arms and nearly squeezed it to death.

Naruto smirked and muttered about how the cat deserved it and I smiled contently. We were both whacked on the head by my favorite jonin - who sadly, is really good at slapping people upside the head.

"Jeez, Kaka-baka." I said while wincing and rubbing the back of my head. It hurt like a monkey-fudging banana muffin. Which hurt more than you'd think. He whacked me again for calling him a baka while everyone else was still having their argument over the mission.

"A C-mission then. You will be escorting someone." The Hokage relented and Naruto started bouncing off the walls.

"Will we be guarding a princess? Or-or an important counselor?!" He said super excitedly and I laughed remembering what was next.

"Nope... You'll be guarding Tazuna." I muttered underneath my breath. All this Naruto watching was finally coming in handy.

And here came in Tazuna, an old man who was obviously drunk and just overall rude.

"A bunch of snot nosed kids?!" he wasn't very happy, was he? Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, fuzzy wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy was he? 'Cept, you know, Tazuna and any form of manners.

I have no snot on my nose! And I am not a goat, thank you very much you little banana muffin.

"And you, the tiny guy with the stupid face, am I supposed to believe you're a ninja?"