Three

© 2014 MellowDramatic All Rights Reserved No part of this story can be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way.This storyline,the credit, the plot, and every word belongs to the author, please respect that and enjoy

Chapter Three

Clifford

I sat at my desk and it felt so weird at the thought of being am Alpha.Today was the day I would be officially initiated as an Alpha.The whole ceremony seems a little dramatic but I guess it's required under the job description.I got up,feeling very off.I felt like I was jumping inside my own skin-I didn't know I was that nervous-I stepped out the office and down the the main ground.Outside,there was a huge ring.And people were laid all across.

This I guess was a special day,and this special day that I become Alpha,happened to be on my best friends birthday,his name is Dylan and he is the alpha of a couple packs over.He helped me get to where I am and he is pretty cool for that.I honestly though he was going to be mad for me fancying his girl for a two weeks,but in the end

It doesn't even matter

Apparently he owes his life to me

Beta

Delta

Doctor

Elder

Hunter

Warrior

and Omega

All rankings stand around in a circle.Everyone has a job in the pack and these seven ranking seem to be the most important.There were two of each rankings,and it was my job,to chose one of those two.I could allow betas to fall to omegas and hunters to warriors.It was my responsibility to choose wisely,but there was one I had no control over,Elder.Elders were always past alphas,and there the Alpha stands tall and prominent.God I have some huge shoes to fill.I mean no one is going to like me for taking this pack,I know it.He walks towards me power falling from each step

"Are you ready?"He asks.I nod

"Great"he says patting my back

"The sun has granted us the proper alignment for this evening and we thank you"A woman started.She was tall and had long wavy hair.Her hair was really long and almost platinum,I get she was like an Advisory.I had no choice of the Advisories,they were here first,they keep the land balanced and it my job to rule my pack without breaking their boundaries.Advisaries keep everything in balance and they say things when they need to be said,they are honest,and that is the type of person any pack needs.

"In honor of the passing of the title,I ask both Alphas to join us in the center."The woman said.We both walked to the center of the circle.She held a shard in her hand and i'm guessing it was crafted from obsidian because to glimmered in the light.When I walked up she motioned for my hand,and I gave it to her willingly.She grabbed my hand tightly and sliced it.When she did she squeezed my hand and it dropped into the ground.

"We announce this alpha to watch over this land and make this territory his."She said,and I looked down because I swear I felt the ground breathing like it was a chest heaving.If it were an attack it would be continuos pounding,but the ground rose and fell like waves on the beach.

"And we allow this alpha to watch over the well being of the former alpha and all he cares for"She said.She sliced his hand open and blood dripped inside his hand.I squeezed my hand tighter over his hand and I swear I felt the energy of a thousand suns pass through me.I pulled my hand back and when I did,it had already healed.

"Now Alpha Clifford,here are your choices for all ranks.Choose wisely.You have until sundown."She said.I looked around me and it was one girl and one boy for each ranking then,two girls for advisories,and two doctors.I am allowed to chose one of the two in each ranking.In each pair,there was one boy and one girl.

I walked along them and eyed them.

"They will be in your service until the the moon is at it's peek"She said.She walked off very silently,and Alph- Fredirck walked towards me

"Good luck,"He said

"Thank you"I said.

"No problem,just watch after them for me"He said.

"Okay"I agreed.I intended to take care of my pack.Dylan,my best friend helped me claim this pack because he said that I would be a good leader.

"I ask one thing of you"I said walking back and forth.I didn't want to be an alpha that was hard and cold like Dylan's father.I wanted them to have respect for me,but I needed Honesty.

"Honesty.So I want each and everyone of you to separately step up and announce yourself.You say your name,your current ranking,and which ranking you want.I want complete honesty and it is okay to stay where you are.Doctors state your name.How many people you've saved and who you want to help"

"We will start with the doctors"I said

Each doctor stepped up telling me they saved 20 lives 100 lives 2 lives and 12 lives,but one of them caught my attention.

"Richard Thomas, 97 lived,and I want to save myself"He said.

"Lily Westbrook 12 lives,and I want to save my daughter"

"Next Hunter"

"Christine Polish,Hunter,Hunter"

"Jacob Rething,Hunter,Hunter""

"Next ranking.Start from omega"I said.

Two Omegas stepped forward.One girl one boy.The boy had blonde hair as the girl had long blonde hair as well.They looked related

"Danny and Daniella Mores,Omega,And we both wish to be Delta"The boy spoke.The girl was rather silent and the look in her eye,had sorrow and pain

They all continued and then came the betas.A guy stepped up,he wasn't taller than me,but still pretty fucking tall.He looked at The other girl then back to me

"Wilson Gregor,Beta,and Delta"he said.He took a step back and I looked at the girl.

Her head was down and covered her face.She was short,or maybe she slouched like that.She reminded my of the grudge,by the way her hair looked.She stood there in silence for a good minute.She didn't look crazy as the grudge but the fact that was wasn't speaking,creeped me out.I mean don't girls love to talk,or am I a stereotypical dude

"Look up"Wilson said slightly nudging her.It looked like she ok the deepest breath,and I was in a strange anticipation to see her face.

"Hazel Griffith,Beta,and I wish to be an omega"She said.Her head didn't raise it stayed down but I had a strange urge to look at her face,and it was voracious need that was only held together by a single strand of silence.Hazel,i felt like i've know that name all my life,but it was too big like a huge blanket hiding from all the monsters in the closet.It sounded perfect.Omega?why would a beta wish to be an Omega.

"Look up"I asked of her.I saw her head slowly raised and her hair moving out of the way.It was long,not to her knees but still pretty long.

When her face finally raised,all the wind was knocked out of my chest and I was left breathless.Her soft tender face and her beautiful starry eyes.She looked at me with such despondency I was in urge to kill myself.She looked hopeless,completely and utterly hopeless.I stepped towards her and she didn't flinch she didn't move,but she had this look on her face,like she already knew what I was about to say.I had waited for this moment so long and now I have her.She was so short compared to me and I could tell she would fit in my arms perfectly,her plump lips were pale.She was beguiling and I felt like this was the start of something new(and no that wasn't intended to be a high school musical reference)

"You're dismissed"I said.They all left as well as she did.I didn't speak,I didn't point her,and it wasn't because I didn't want her,because I did.I knew what she wanted,and I knew what she needed.