Chapter 37

Emma's POV

Today Is my surgery, a whole week of nervously freaking out.

Today Jack came in and brought me a silent charm bracelet with three charms on it, one was a sword cause in a "warrior" the second one was a crown and the third one was a heart for our friendship.

Of course I started getting emotional , he hugged me and left the room. that left me, Layken and Perrie.

The doctor came in with a nurse and the nurse hooked me on a new machine that I haven't seen yet.

The doctor said some words quietly to Perrie then he turned to me and smiled.

"Are you ready Emma?" he asked

"No, but I don't really have a choice." I mumbled trying not to cry.

He sadly nodded and walked my bed side and helped me into my wheel chair and wheeled me out of the room while the nurse and the weird machine traveled closely behind us.

We made in to the surgery room and I was carefully lifted up onto the bed. I was literally shaking, why was I so nervous it was just a knee surgery, people get knee surgeries all the time.

I Laid back and closed my eyes taking deep breaths trying to calm myself down.

"Alright here we go, Emma just keep taking deep breaths." the doctor stated

He placed a mask over my mouth and my breaths quickened.

"Deep breaths." I thought to myself.

I was starting to get tired like when your stayed up late ad your eyes start to get heavy well that's what i was experiencing. then everything went black, i couldn't hear nor could i see or move telling myself and all the doctors that i was unconscious.

That's when the flashbacks started.

+ Flashback +

i was six years old and i was home alone, it wouldn't be the first time thou. Mom and dad always left u alone, but sometimes Tom would come over and things got bad really fast.

Tanner was only one years old so he never understood anything and charlotte who was only a couple months old was with Mama at some party.

i remember me sitting in the basement playing with the rag doll i found in the park one day, i kept it in the basement because no body was aloud down there but when you laid down a towel on the dirty floor and moved the boxes to make a fort it was really fun. that's where i hide from Tom also.

suddenly as i was playing in my box castle the basement door opened and i ducked down in the mess of boxes as fast as i could. i listened carefully as footsteps clunked on each wooden stair.

i peeked in between the two boxes where there was a little crack. it was Daddy.

he looked around the basement then went underneath the stairs and pulled out something white with an apple on the top. he set it down at the beat down old brown desk and opened the top. the screen lit up. it was a computer! i was so fascinated.

Daddy played with it for a little bit then carefully closed the lid and returned it to the bottom of the stairs. he clunked back up to the door and slammed it shut locking me in.

once all the nose from behind the door had vanished i quickly scurried out of my box fort and retrieved the computer. then i quickly ran back to the safety of the fort and set the computer on a box.

i opened the lid and the screen lit up again. except there was a password.

i thought for a minute, passwords are usually something that the person likes, well daddy likes Charlotte i typed in Charlotte123 and to my luck it worked.

i was fascinated by all the things you could do with it.

from then on every night i would sneak from my bedroom and go down to the basement and play on the computer, i would listen to music quietly, i would watch tutorials on YouTube and i would do online school.

it worked for a while, then one day while we had a babysitter i was in the basement watching videos then my elbow slipped and it hit the volume button and the volume turned as loud as it could possibly go.

i quickly turned it back down and paused the video. suddenly the door opened and the babysitter holding charlotte walked down. she knew that I wasn't aloud on the computer or any electronics. she snatched the computer from me, i was nine by then and was pretty smart, also i had dip dyed my hair by then. she put the computer on the wooden desk and dragged me upstairs while i was crying and pleading for her not to tell daddy. 

the babysitter didn't, but Charlotte did. i was beat senseless for a good two hours. that's when the cops showed up, and i was taken away.

++ end of flashback ++

i heard voices, but i couldn't make out the words, i hated being in this condition, i could feel the aching pain in my head and the throbbing pain in my knee, but i couldn't get any medicine for it cause the medicine that put me to sleep hasn't worn off yet. i probably still had like twenty minutes left of this.

i thought about the flashback i had during the surgery, why was it that one, was it because it was the time it all ended, or was it something else, i really missed Tanner though. he was barley in that dream and i was sad that he wasn't cause i missed him.

without processing anything i blinked and my eyes opened finally!

i groaned cause the pain in my head increased.

Perrie looked up from her book and smiled.

"hi sleepy head!" she said putting down the book.

"can you call for the doctor my head is killing me." i said wincing.

"yea of course Hun." she said and left the room.

i looked down at my knee and groaned. it was bandaged in thick white bandage and had the horrible black brace over it witch i hated do much.

i was really sick of being in the hospital.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey im really sorry i haven't been updating as much anymore its just that i have school and im getting kinda bored of this book so its getting harder to write, but im trying okay, also im writing a new book that i will publish when i get to ten chapters, its called isolation and im really excited for it. well byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee