I listened to her babble on in her happy carefree way as my mind drifted back to the past. To the day I came home too late to save her.

My mind flickered through the images of that day making my knees buckle and I slowly slid to the floor laying my head against my bent knees.

*FLASHBACK TO SEVEN YEARS AGO*

Whistling I made my way home trying not to think about who was going to be there. I hated that he was always there now. I couldn't understand what my mother saw in the guy. He gave me the creeps.

He was always staring and sending my little sister these really weird looks that I couldn't quite place, but I knew they weren't normal. People didn't look at six year old little girls that way... Like they wanted to devour them.

I had tried talking to my mom about it but she just brushed me off and told me I was imagining things. That my hormonal and confused sixteen year old mind was just reading too much into nothing.

Making my way to my front door I heard a crash before a tiny childish scream emitted through it.

Hurtling through the door I saw my mom lying on the floor motionless with blood seeping from her head. She was facing me and I choked back a scream of my own as I saw her eyes wide open and glazed over. I wasn't stupid, I knew she was dead.

Following the crashes coming from upstairs, I took the stairs two at a time, sprinting like my life depended on it. But it wasn't my life that depended on it, it was my baby sister's.

My annoying little sister who I loved more than anything... I had to get to Clarissa. I had to save her.

I felt as though I was in slow motion and growled in frustration as my feet finally hit the upstairs hallway and I turned to bolt down the hall to her room where it had suddenly gone deafeningly quiet.

Pushing through the door I saw my baby sister sprawled across the floor. Her little body was naked and coated in blood. I knew the bastard had raped her and wanted nothing more than to beat the life out of him.

To take everything away from him like he had me and Clarissa, and the life he had taken from my mom.

My eyes sought his figure and I launched myself at him as he struggled to pull his pants back up. Tackling him to the floor I straddled him and punched him repeatedly in the face, not caring if I killed him. I just wanted him to feel the pain I was feeling.

Without warning I was being ripped off of him and pulled away from his prone form. I struggled to break free but the grip on me was too firm.

"Settle down, son. I can't let you kill him... As much as he may deserve it," A voice muttered behind me.

Glancing behind me I saw a policeman and stopped my futile efforts to escape. "Clarissa?" I asked pleading with my eyes for him to tell me she was okay.