Chapter nine

Good Night, Good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow.’ Eye’s glisten like jewels in the dark, swirling around me, closing in as his body lay upon me. His body dead and lifeless, no longer tearing at my clothes scrownging to fullfill his lust. Bead’s of sweat dropping from his forhead as he thrushes himself between me. I close my eyes wishing it all away.

I open my eyes breathing heavily, tears running down my face. The door being pushed open makes me look up at a worried looking Daniel.

“What’s the matter?” His hands holding my arms, shaking me as if I was in a paralyzed state, for so long I had pushed the memory out, forgot it existed but it has now returned. My eyes meet Daniel’s, no emotion on my face as I watch his mouth move but not hear a sound, It was as if I was in a coma, not able to feel, hear or want anything, not even Daniel could help this time. Flashes of his mismatched eyes jump out in my head, one green, one blue.

I needed to scream, needed to wake myself up though the problem was I was awake. The memory wasn’t leaving, it was supposed to leave. I can see Daniel pick me up, the bright lights of the corridors zooming by me, just like my life as it is washed down a drain. Was there any point of living anymore, haunted by the dreams of a dead guy, locked in a place I shouldn’t be, no hope or faith of ever being let free, like a dove being released from it’s cage. I would never be able to flutter my wings, they were cut off.

I can see the medical room around me, Martina’s face coming into my line of vison, horror plain on her normally well composed face. Her face soon changes to one of a man, baldness lining his face, a scar down his eye were some poor victim from before had scratched. I close my eyes scared as he came forward, knowing his ape hands would reach out for my neck. I open my eyes and find Martina’s apple eyes above me. A few moments later she returns with a torch shining it in my eyes, I wince from the light and she removes it. A mumble of sounds begin to return to me and as I move my mouth I knew a few of my senses have been allowed back, knowing I didn’t want this feeling to return I realise I needed to tell them.

“Bottle of pills …. Bag …. Need two.” Everyone jumps at my voice and they begin to clutter around the table, the sense of feeling like a guinea pig being experimented on is fresh in my mind.

“Lily can you hear me?” Daniel’s voice begins to fade quicker and quicker with each word he says. Why couldn’t they just listen to me and go get the God damn pills? I close my eyes, the pain of a migraine coming to life, though as I open my eyes the room has now changed, it was no longer the clean sterile medical room. It was the room of my bedroom, in a place I once used to call home. Royal red lined the walls, pictures of friends, boyfriend, family and the one of my dad on a notice board in my view. I was on the floor, white carpet no longer white underneath me. The feeling of a rock on my chest, doesn’t allow me to get up, red stains my hands. I squeeze my eyes shut wishing it away, though as I open them it’s still there. A young man standing above me, a terrified look in his eyes, not like the ones in the picture behind him – they were the same, but so different.

The room vanishes as I feel water rush down my throat, a petrified Daniel above me putting a cup to my mouth. I splutter out the water as my senses are awakened, the feeling of moving my limbs make me greatful they got the pills.

“Lily can you hear me?” I nod at Daniel and he lets out a breath, running his hands through his long hair, that was now stuck to his forhead. I sit up in great ease, and see Martina look over the bottle of pills.

“How long have you been on these Lily?” Her right hand holding up the bottle of pills, a silver band on her wedding finger I never noticed before.

“Since it happened.”

“I think it’s time we talked about ‘that’.” I nod not knowing there was no way out of it, not after what had just happened.

“Everyone out now, please.” She ushers the guards out with her hands, a small smile on my lips as I realise she could most probably win a fight with one of them.

“You too.” I see Daniel sitting in a corner a look of great distress on his face.

“I’m staying.”

“Hell you’re not, patient confidentiality and all that.”

“Lily won’t mind, will you Lily?” I see them both look at me waiting for my answer knowing I was going to let one of them down. Even though I didn’t feel confident with Daniel in the meeting, I just couldn’t say no to him.

“I don’t mind him staying.” Daniel smiles smugly up at Martina a look of great detased on hers.

“Right now Lily, I want you to start from the begging.”