Chapter eight

A rasping knock and shouts is what wakes me, pearing my eyes over my cover I look at the clock six thirty, who was at my door at this time. When I hear Daniels voice I quickly get up and go to the door, wiping my eyes clear of any sleepy dust as I do.

“Miss Anderson we need you to come with us.” At the door was Daniel his face sad and angry, two policemen at his side, Lee Royson the head guard with them.

“What’s going on?” I look towards Daniel but he just shakes his head as if he can’t discuss it. “Can’t I get changed?” I ask, looking down at myself only a dressing gown on.

“I’m afraid not.” I stare at the fat police guard and recognise him from the one at my trial, his mustache plainfully rememreable.

“Why the hell not, you can see ..” He stops dead and I pull the dressing gown in closer, the guys clearly knew what Daniel was on about and I feel a blush come to my cheeks.

“I guess you are steping forward to go keep check to make sure she doesn’t run away.”

“Run away?” My voice shocked, why would I run away?

“There’s no need Officer Hanson, there is no way she can run away.” He eyes Daniel, taking this as permission I close the door and lean against it as my breathing quickens. What the hell was going on? Quickly I rush getting dress and step outside, they lead me to Daniel’s office and I sit in the chair opposite the police.

“Miss Anderson were was you around twelve thirty last night?”

“W-what? What’s going on?” I look to Daniel for guidance.

“Lily just answer the question.” Daniels voice was cold, as if for the last week and a half hadn’t existed, as if we were strangers.

“I was in my room. Asleep, why?”

“We have CCTV of you and Mr Moore sneaking off outside, could you explain this?” He presses the remote and the TV comes to life, showing flickering images of me and Peter.

“Is this what this is about? Okay we broke curfew but is there any need for police?” I look to Daniel and Lee.

“Just tell us what happened Miss Anderson.”

“It was my birthday, Peter, he, he made me a surprise birthday party. What’s going on Daniel?” I see his face drop at the mention of my birthday. He breathes deeply looking at Lee.

“Gina was attacked serverly last night.”

“And you jump to the conclusion it was me?”

“Who said we thought it was you Miss Anderson.” The other officer said.

“It’s pretty obvious as I’m the only one who had there door beaten down at six in the morning.”

“Well with all things to be considered, all fingers point to you.”

“And what the hell is that suppose to mean?”

“Lily calm down!” I turn to Daniel a scowl on his handsome face, it looked so wrong.

“How the heck can I calm down when I’m being accused for something I didn’t do?” I look at Daniel, he sighs heavily rubbing his eyes.

“Though this isn’t the only time you’ve denied doing something is it Miss Anderson.” I turn towards the fat officer at my trial, I could feel tears brim my eyes, it was as if it was a bad nightmare.

“That’s way out of line.” I jump at Daniel’s voice, so full of cold and bitter anger.

“I don’t think so, it is true after all and who’s to say she’s not doing the same here.” A smug look on the officers face.

“Where’s your evidence?”

“Eve-evedience, what more evidence do you need? We have a criminal with a motive right here.”

“So that is your evidence?” Lee Royson speaks up for the first time, the fat policemen looks to Daniel and Lee as if they were stupid.

“Yes.”

“This whole fucking facility is full of criminals with motives, this is a youth offenders!” I jump once again at Daniel’s voice, and the sound of him swearing shocks me, he was always so calm and collected. “Now if that is all, Miss Anderson can retire to her room for some well-deserved bed rest.” Before they even mutter anything out, Daniel takes my wrist and leads me out the door, stomping in great rage as we reach my room he lets himself in.

“How dare they!” I shut the door, closing off and signs of Daniel’s anger. “How fucking dare they!” He punches the wall causing me to flinch. His hand becomes a swamp of red as the blood flows steadily out of his knuckles.

“Just calm down.” I try to reach out for him, to stop the bleeding as it leaks over my floor.

“Calm down how can I calm down!”

“Please.” I whisper out and he turns to stare at me, his brown eyes look at me in sadness, taking his hand in mine I tie a towel around it, he needed to go to the medical centre, but right now I needed him here with me.

“What will happen Daniel?” I slump on my bed and lean against the wall, looking at the picture of me and my dad.

“What do you mean?” He sits down besides me, his eyes now replacing my dad’s.

“They won’t stop till they pin this on me.” I begin to bite my nails again even though I knew I shouldn’t.

“They have nothing on you.” I close my eyes and breath deeply knowing I will have to show him the letter she posted last night.

“She – she came by here last night.” He sits up, moving so his body faced mine.

“Lily please tell me you didn’t do anything stupid?” I shake my head.

“I was out with Peter, we missed her.” He sighs in relief leaning his head against the wall.

“How did you know she came by, she didn’t break in did she?” His eyes opening in anger.

“No, no. She left a note, a letter actually.”

“Where is it?” I get up and retrieve the letter I had rolled up into a ball. I sit on my bed in patience as he reads it over and over again.

“Why didn’t you come tell me about this last night?” The paper crunching in his fists as they squeeze shut.

“It was gone twelve, we wasn’t supposed to be out, we were going to come see you this morning, except well you came to me.”

“Peter was with you when you found this?”

“Yes.”

“What’s – what’s.”

“What’s, what?” He breathes deeply.

“What’s going on between you two?” I close my eyes a blush coming to my face, as I remember the kiss from last night, wishing it was Daniel.

“I’m sorry it was out of line for me to ask that.” His voice was hollow, trying to cover it up he coughs.

“No, it’s fine. Nothing’s going on between us, where just good friends that’s all.” I stumble out, a hot pink blush supposebly coming to my face.

“Just like we are then.” His hand coming to my face a small smile in place. “You know you do blush an awful lot.” He laughs and I join in forgetting for just one minute someone else was trying to pin me for another crime.

“I won’t let them take you down again.” His voice now serious, I stare at him a smile coming to my face.

“I know you wont.” He gets up putting a small kiss to my forhead before he walks out of the door, closing it shut.