Chapter 14: Catch That Mummy!

"Ruby!!! What the hell!!" Chrollo yelled, jumping up after her.

"Catch that mummy!" She yelled, taking off after her target. She thought he saw her, because he took off running as soon as she sprung up. The chase was on.

It was probably a sight to see, the three of them. A girl in all black with a man in an extravagant costume, chasing a fleeing mummy down the street. But, Ruby didn't think much about what they looked like. She just had to chase him. She has to complete her mission

"Ruby... Wait... Up." Chrollo gasped, slowing his pace. He was out of breath.

"Idiot... He should be able to run better.." Ruby thought, looking behind her to see him against a pole with a hand over his chest.

However, Ruby didn't care. She had to catch this guy. As he ran, he shoved over trash cans, trying to slow her down. Ruby cleared all 15 he shoved down in one jump. He skidded around a corner, scrambling for options. He knew he was going to lose.

"Idiot! That's an alleyway!" Ruby said, walking around the corner and smirking at her prey, leaning against the corner, shielding himself protectively.

"Why are you following me?" He suddenly asked her, kneeling down on the ground so she could tie him up.

"I'm with the Phantom Troupe. My boss wants to recruit you for a spot." She replied, finishing knotting the rope, tying him up.

"Oh... Then who's your boss?" He asked, glancing at her.

"That would be me." Chrollo said, turning the corner with his hands clasped behind his back, still slightly winded.

"About time, bitch. Interrogate him while I call the others." Ruby said, pulling out her phone.

Time skip brought to you by... I'm out of ideas for this kind of thing.

The group of now six walked down the street, all giving their new prisoner the evil eye (you'll notice that I'm not using his name... I'm too lazy to keep looking up the spelling.). Everyone was asking him questions about his life, background, and powers. Except Ruby. She was staring up at the sky, wandering like a zombie. She was still stupefied that she was successful on her first mission with the Phantom Troupe. While she was fantasizing, however, she didn't realize that she had walked into a trash can.

Shit.

After picking herself up off the ground and dusting off her ripped jeans, she glared at a still giggling Chrollo, giving him the finger.

"Fat load of help you are! You could at least help me up or ask if I'm ok." Ruby said, rubbing her forehead, looking over at Chrollo again.

"I'm a bad guy. I don't help people. Besides, it's always funny every time you fall." He said, smirking at her while she gave him the finger again. She speed walked ahead of the group out of anger. "Hey, wait up! I'm sorry!" Chrollo said, jogging to keep up with her.

As soon as the two of them were gone, Bonolenov turned and asked everyone the question that's been on his mind for the short time he knew them all. "Are they dating?" He asked, looking ahead at the profusely apologizing Chrollo to a glaring Ruby.

"No, sadly. But, we all wish they were, and we're trying to set them up together." Shalnark said, running his fingers through his dirty blonde hair. He smiled a highly at the two of them, walking side by side.

Another time skip becauseI have jet lag and I am SLEEEEEPY

Ruby was back in her room, looking over her phone conversation with everyone else in the Troupe. The other group had succeeded in catching their target, and everyone will meet up tomorrow. After sending a goodnight text to everyone, Ruby collapsed into her bed, staring at the ceiling. She knew who was coming.

Right on cue, the person she was thinking about opened up the door, this time wearing an Attack on Titan shirt and rainbow sweatpants. Ruby giggled again at his still strange choice in sleepwear.

"Butterfly.." Chrollo said, drawing out his voice. "You know what happens here.." He said to her, cocking his head and grinning at her, climbing into the tiny bed.

"Still not forgiving you." Ruby said back, leaning against his chest. He smiled at her innocent rage.

"Goodnight, Butterfly." He said, rushing his head on hers.

"Night, you idiot."

Ah, quiet. The best time to write a chapter is at 10 at night, drinking supermarket chamomile tea, and under all the hotel blankets. The best place to write a chapter. Except for the jet lag. Boston sure is nothing like Illinois... Anyone who's bored can talk to me.