7: The Theater

| | Sorry for this incredibly annoying delay! I've been busy with work and had to attend a week-long seminar. I hope you find this chapter an enjoyable read!!! Please do leave comments :D I would love know what you think. Don't forget to vote/fan if you like this!

*Image of the theater on the right.

7: The Theater

The sunlight pierced its way into Etsuo’s room through the slits of the vertical blinds. He just couldn’t sleep… the time he had spent with Sonya yesterday kept him awake. It didn’t matter what Izo told her. Etsuo was glad—indebted—that he did.

Dinner at Sonya’s was great. Or maybe it was because he was eating with Sonya. Yeah. That was probably it. His eyes fell on the floor where he had left Sonya’s umbrella. She was right about the rain. It didn’t stop until very late in the evening. He suddenly dawned on him that he had completely forgotten to ask Sonya who had given her the front row ticket. He saw the hand written note on the back.

He had wanted to entertain the thought that it was probably from a good girlfriend, but was so unlikely. The guy who gave it to her must really like her.

Of course, it didn’t bother him anymore. It was clear he had no rival. She said she thought it was sweet, hadn’t she? Electric bolts shot all throughout his body. Sonya liked him too! Else she wouldn’t have said the things she said last night.

Etsuo laughed at himself. He had tortured himself for so long. If he had only told her sooner… He didn’t realize it was this easy.

He leaped out of bed and fished his cellphone from his jeans hanging on the armrest of the rolling chair. He dialed Izo’s number.

“Aa, Izo?” a grin was plastered on his face. “You’re really a born genius… You had this going in your smart, big head a long time, hadn’t you?”

“Are you done?” Sasako complained.

Sasako was in her sister’s room, watching and waiting for her sister as Sonya fixed her bag.

Sasako looked around the room in an effort to pass time. She had asked Sonya to accompany her to the salon to get her hair permed. Sonya agreed, wanting to have a new haircut herself.

Sasako continued to gaze around the room until her eyes fell upon a small black cloth peeking out from under Sonya’s bed.

“Why don’t you fix your—” Sasako’s word’s trailed off.

“What—” Sonya found her sister holding up and examining the expensive pair of pants Kenoyo had bought for her. She instantly grabbed them and threw it into her closet.

“I saw that… that’s… those pants… my rich classmate, she…” Sasako uttered gibberish, as Sonya slid the door of her closet close.

“Well,” Sonya began, faking a casual laugh. “They’re a really nice pair.”

“My rich classmate,” Sasako emphasized. “Has that in a different color.”

“So what does that matter?” asked Sonya, hoping the comment would end the conversation.

“That costs a lot!!! Maybe over ¥11,000 or more!” Sasako hissed.

Sonya was shocked how much her sister got close to the original price. But she quickly had a retort.

“What’s to be shocked about? I got an imitation.”

Sasako shook her head. She didn’t buy it. Sonya thought she wouldn’t believe herself either, so of course her sister wouldn’t believe the excuse.