Underswap!Papyrus x Reader Chapter 2

Your POV

It's been a couple weeks since you had spent that night at the skele-bros house. Papyrus had steadily grown closer to you, but you still weren't certain if he was your friend or not. You wanted badly for him to change his mind and call you one of his friends, but you weren't going to push it. It was more than enough that he had started to be a lot nicer to you. Still, you pondered if it was even possible for him to get along with you. You shivered when you recalled the first time you realized Papyrus didn't like you.

Flashback

Sans had put you through his final puzzle and now he wanted to fight you. No matter how many times you told him you weren't going to fight him, he seemed insistent that he must capture you. You thought he was adorable, but still you were scared that if he turned you over to this 'Alphys' you were going to die. You were avoiding the adorable skeleton. You really didn't want to fight him, but you couldn't let him capture you either. You were DETERMAIND to befriend him and end this semi-conflict.

You began to make your way to Sans, knowing you couldn't avoid him forever. That was when his brother Papyrus appeared in front of you.

"hey there kid," said Papyrus, "ya got a moment?" You nodded hesitantly, and he took your arm.

"c'mon, i know a shortcut."

Before you knew what was going on, you were in a strange hallway. Papyrus let go of your arm and strolled away a few steps.

"oh, i must have took a wrong turn." Papyrus said lazily. You weren't convinced, though you had only known him a short amount of time, you couldn't imagine he would take a "wrong turn." You glanced at him.

"So... what did you need?" Papyrus returned your gaze. You didn't recognize the look he had in his eyes.

"kid..." He strode forward towards you again, "you know my brother wants to fight you right?" You nodded stiffly at him, wondering where this was going. He got closer, uncomfortably so. You took a step back.

"if you," he took a step forward, you took another back, "lay so much," he took another step forward, you took another step back and you hit the wall behind you, "as a finger on him," he continued forward towards you, getting dangerously close to you, "i have a feeling that," he placed both hands on either side of your head, trapping you between him and the wall. You saw that one of his eyes was glowing a bright orange. "you're gonna have a bad time." He stared at you and you gulped. He maintained that position for a few more seconds before pulling away slowly, the orange fading away from his eye. You started to shake from the stress of the moment, and breathed out a sigh of relief that he had moved away.

"good," he said, not looking at you, "i'm sure your gonna be able to find your way back just fine, ya?" Before you could respond he was gone.

End Flashback

You gulped and felt an involuntary shake go through your system. That had scared you bad, and ever since that day he had treated you awfully, even though you hadn't even considered hurting your now best friend, Sans.

You glanced around your surroundings. The waterfall was nice enough, but you found it stressful, even if there really weren't that many monsters around. Right now you were sitting up against the cave wall, behind some echo flowers and rocks. No one on the main path would be able to see you. You stretched and decided to wander back to Snowdin, and maybe see if Sans was around.

While you were walking, lost in thought about your potential friendship with the taller skeleton, you just so happened to run into said skeleton. He was manning one of Sans' "Lookout Posts." You laughed when you saw he was napping at the post, snoring softly. He opened one eye at you, clearly amused at your amusement. You giggled a bit and approached the station. He closed his eye again, much to your chagrin.