iii

All five of us then started exploring more of the ruins. All five of us, Peter and Edmund, search the outside part, while Susan, Lucy, and I, have a look at the inside of the now-nothing fort. I'm not even really sure now if there even is an inside or outside since it's all turned to ruin.

A moment later, I decided I needed to take a while and sit down to regain my logical thinking. I can't believe I let myself be dragged into this madness. I mean, Hen, what were you thinking? Why did you grab that aggravating, troublesome, big talking, loudmouth, know-it-all boy's wrist? Yes, Susan said 'everyone' but that didn't mean you too, you idiot. Wow, I can't even get myself to regain normalness. I'm even talking to myself.

"Yes, you are," Lucy said as she mindlessly laughed at me which was a bit embarrassing considering that I have been talking to myself for quite a while... in front of everyone. I spotted Edmund chuckling at my shameful moment. "Bollocks."

A short while after my shameful episode, we walked around trying to find answers until Edmund bent down to the ground. "Catapults," he said. "Catapults? What do you mean?" I asked as Edmund just shook his head then turned to us. "This didn't just happen. Cair Paravel was attacked," there was a moment of silence there until the boys ran over to a wall and started pushing it to reveal a door behind it. Susan, Lucy and I stepped back to give the boys some space as they did their 'manly' work.

"Who do you suppose attacked this place?" I asked the two. "To be honest, I'm not so sure," Susan answered. "I don't think I remember an army besides us before. Do you Susan?" Lucy asked trying to seem less puzzled than she already was. For a moment there, I had an uneasy feeling due to the fact that we had no idea who we were up against, being in this place already made me as paranoid as a little child trying to hide from the boogieman. We might not know it but the people who attacked this place could be watching us right now and possibly calling for back-up, not that they need any I mean look at us we're children, we're not exactly fighting material. I looked around to see if there were anything or anyone hiding in the woods to assure myself. "Uhhh, maybe- maybe we should find somewhere to hide or take shelter, I don't know. The people who could've attacked this place could be out there right now," I suggested with a shaky voice, if these people can wipe out a place like this then what is stopping them from killing five innocent children, who knows what these fugitives can do. "Yeah, Henley's right. Have you figured out that door yet?" Susan said, probably feeling the same way I was feeling since she seemed to be in a hurry.

Peter nodded and punched a hole into the molding wooden door and put his hand through the hole and unlocked the once firm door. It opened with a creak and there we saw a stairway going down into a pitch black room, the next thing I know was that Peter was tearing a piece from his shirt and wrapped it around a piece of wood. "I don't suppose you have any matches in there, do you?" he looked over to the boy with the satchel. "No... but would this help?" Edmund said bringing out an electric torch and smiled. "You might've mentioned that a bit sooner!" Peter said smiling as Edmund walked down the stairs first with his flashlight coming in handy. As we all followed his steps, all I could think of was why he would carry a flashlight with him to school, I guess crazy people do crazy things.

Edmund leading the way felt like I was going down the staircase for eternity. All that complaining though went away when Lucy paused when she saw the treasure chamber and four chests below and rushed down together with her siblings, and before I knew it I was alone at the staircase. "I can't believe it. It's all still here," Peter said as they all rushed to one chest each.

Lucy pulled out a dress from her chest that was way too long for her. "I was so tall," she said while she held the dress like she was wearing it herself. "Well, you were older then," Susan explained opening her chest herself as Edmund followed and commented, "As opposed to hundreds of years later... when you're younger." Susan saying that she was older then, made me even more confused than I was a second ago, my conscience wanted me to ask her what it meant but I wouldn't want to break their moment when they were last here.

Beside me, Peter blew the dust away from the object he was holding. We all inspected it and saw a golden plate with a face of a lion. He looks up to see the statue standing behind his golden chest and walked over to it. As much as I feel like an outcast in this clique, I managed to satisfy myself by looking at some of the treasures that weren't in a chest. "What is it?" Lucy asked Susan. "My horn, I must've left it on my saddle on the day we went back," she said as if she was trying to remember.

After playing around with the objects that probably cost around a million pounds, I turned around to see Peter slowly opening his chest and pulling out a sword with a golden lion's head on the tip of the handle. It looked like it meant so much to him as he drew his sword, and then it hit me, who exactly were the Pevensies in Narnia? After drawing his sharp weapon, I noticed something that was written on his sword. "What is that?" I asked nodding my head towards the inscription as he looked back at it and read it. "When Aslan bears his teeth, winter meets its death," he paused until Lucy continued for him. "And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again," she looked at us with sad eyes and then continued, "Everyone we knew.... Mr. Tumnus and the beavers... they're all gone." They were all hit with an expression like they have lost someone who was important to them. "I think it's time we found out what's going on," Peter said as he and the others grabbed their stuff including weapons and clothes. I stood there awkwardly until someone threw me an olive green dress and some shoes. I stared at it puzzled as Lucy chuckled, "You don't plan on going anywhere wearing that, are you?" In my head I thought 'what was wrong with what I was wearing?' until Susan handed me a dagger as I looked at her with a confused look. "Trust me, you'll need it," she said with a smile as she left me alone with my confused brain.

Then I heard that familiar sound of chuckling at the back of my ear. I turned around and found Edmund, as usual with that devilish smirk on his face. "Uh, Susan, I don't think a dagger would do the job."