xi

That night, I distinctly remember. It was a few hours after the suspicious lady in the iceberg had appeared in the broken stone table room. She gave me the chills. Bad ones. How come she appeared at a time like this? Why do I get a bad feeling that she's done something so terrible? To these people? To the Kings and Queens?

Other than that, Edmund had managed to avoid me after I last asked him if he was okay. Everytime he caught sight of me, he dodged relentlessly. I wanted to talk to him. I didn't know about what though. He wouldn't let me. It also baffled me as to why he couldn't have just simply answered my simple question. All of this wondering didn't help me go to sleep. The thoughts inside my mind made so much noise that I couldn't get myself to have a good rest.

We were all sleeping in one area — to be safe and feel secure. Some slept on the ground and some slept on some hammocks. I received a hammock that Edmund handed me which was probably the closest I had to a conversation with him after the incident. All he said was that I should take it and get a good night's sleep and I said thank you. And that was it. Maybe he felt bad. I don't know. Even the Kings, Queens, and Caspian laid down with the rest of us. It was also probably one of the reasons why I couldn't fall into my sleep. Others were still awake and whispering loudly to each other and I couldn't really fall asleep knowing that there are people I haven't talked to or knew sleeping close.

I quietly turned to lay on my left side, careful not to wake some of the others that have fallen asleep as it felt as if my head suddenly just hit itself onto a wall. It was another one of my visions. Similar to the one I experienced back at Cair Paravel. At first, it was all too blurry for me to make out what exactly I was supposed to be seeing. It was dark and cold. Colder than the air that I had felt the morning I walked to the train station. This was the first time I have felt anything inside my visions. Usually it would only be something I see. Now, it almost seemed as if I am there.

I was in a dimly lit dungeon made out of ice and snow. The only light source there being the single fire torch on the wall near the entrance of the dungeon hall. I wrapped my arms around myself to keep me warm and started rubbing to create friction but the little friction I created was of no help. I breathed heavily as fog comes out of my mouth. I couldn't help but shiver and stay still, until I heard a man's voice scream.

"No! You can't do this, please!" a man appeared from the darkness as he was being held down by two guardsmen yet they weren't the ones the man was begging. "I didn't mean for any of this to happen!" the man said as he struggled to stand up when the guards kept dragging him towards the dungeon. A beautiful woman wearing a gown as white as snow emerged from nowhere. She looked familiar but my visions were still a little bit unclear. She had white hair and white skin and was exceptionally tall. That's when it hit me. It was the lady back at the How. The one who caused trouble inside the minds of our leaders.

"You should've thought about how things could end like this," she said with her soft voice not giving a care in the world whether or not the man was suffering. "Like you should have when you ended things with me!" her voice had gotten louder and angrier as she stepped a little closer to the man kneeling on the ground. "And for what? That little commoner who cannot even take care of her child?" she said with her voice so soft it was a bit eerie. The man looked up to face her with an expression that was hopeless. "Oh! You didn't think I'd find out? I knew all about it and you kept your mouth shut!" she said once again her voice fading in as she become more furious than ever. "Please, I beg of you! Do not harm my little girl," he pleaded tears started falling from his eyes. "So it's a girl," she said. "Please..." the man begged again as his voice just faded out. Then the woman brutally slapped the man's face. The room was so dark I couldn't even see clearly of him. All I could see was the dark red blood trickling down the side of cheek as there was a frostbite on his cheekbone. Could this woman be colder than she is? "Lock him up. No one shall ever see him, talk to him, or have him even see the light of day," she said harshly as she started walking out the dungeon hall. She stopped suddenly and turned to my direction.