x

After what horrific events had happened last night, we all journeyed on back to Aslan's How. The long way home was almost wearing me out. I've never heard silence quite this loud before. It was louder than the bombings back at home. I had tried my best not to keep the picture of the terrible events at the palace grounds. Everyone else was either mourning or weeping. I, too, almost wanted to break out in tears but I felt that I didn't need to show that side of me, not yet. Even though I had lost a friend. Even though I knew I couldn't have saved everyone, I only wanted to keep my tears to myself.

After what seemed about thirty-seven miles of walking with the sun very much high up, we arrived back at the How. I didn't know which I couldn't take much longer, the grief or the fact that we've been walking all night non-stop. Nonetheless, I was having a lot of mixed emotions on the way back. All I thought about all night was how I could buy myself a little bit of time for myself. Just to recollect myself, you know? For a person who hasn't seen the number of killings that occurred last night, I guess I'll have to take that alone time. I just have to ask, right?

I guess the next thing that happened inconveniently answered my question. As soon as we were in sight of the people back at the How, things could not just have been much more worse. No, it wasn't the people at the How who made things worse but Peter and Caspian did.

Right as we approached the entrance of the How, Lucy had emerged from the inside. "What happened?" Lucy asked noticing how very few of us had returned. "Ask him," Peter replied furiously as he turned towards the Prince. "Peter," Susan said trying to ease him up. "Me? You could've called it off, there was still time," Caspian said in his defense.

"No there wasn't, thanks to you. If you'd kept to the plan, those soldiers might be alive right now."
"And if you'd just stayed here like I suggested, they definitely would be!"
"You called us, remember?"
"My first mistake."

I couldn't believe that they were arguing at a time like this. Their words were almost like swords that impaled each and every one of us there watching and listening. They wouldn't stop. I hoped that they'd be better than that. I sensed a feeling that they might just be falling into some sort of trap. A trap that feeds on their thirst for victory. I guess I may be just an ordinary girl who barely has an idea of the two men but I just sensed it. The situation just made me think of who they really were and that wasn't them. At least, for Peter, that wasn't him.

We may not have talked that much but I could tell that the real Peter was the one who helped a ridiculous looking girl stuck in an armor chestplate trying to get ready for battle. The Peter I saw arguing with Caspian probably had all his intentions set in saving Narnia as a High King like himself should be. But it most likely just got the best of him as a High King wouldn't want to feel ashamed in front of his people. But then again, who am I to judge this? From a far point of view, may I add. I'm not a psychologist or anything.

"No," Peter said, "your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people."

"Hey! I am not the one who abandoned Narnia."
"You invaded Narnia. You have no more right to it than Miraz does! You, him, your father... Narnia's better off without the lot of you!"

When Peter said this, I thought that he would take it back. I hoped that he would take it back. But he didn't. I couldn't believe him. I thought about how Susan, Edmund, and Lucy must have felt. Ugh, this is what I get for caring about others too much. It's a blessing and a curse.

Caspian shouted and they both drew their swords at once.

"Stop it!" Edmund shouted from behind the crowd revealing Glenstorm carrying an injured Trumpkin. He walked forward and set Trumpkin down. Lucy immediately ran over to Trumpkin as he lay down lifelessly on the ground. She grabbed something from her waist, opened it, and gave him a drop from her cordial. He then opened his eyes.