Chapter 15 - By xXMade2LoveXx

**Rae's POV**

As Elena stepped out of the way, revealing the boggart, my stomach turned. I know things that I'm afraid of, geese being high on the list, but I don't know what my worst fear is. My hand is shaking as I draw my wand and walk forward, distancing myself from the rest of the class. The boggart shudders and twists, morphing. I wait, trying to seem unafraid, even while my heart makes its way up to my mouth. The boggart makes a sharp movement towards me and everything goes silent. I turn around, but the classroom is empty.

"Guys?" I call, "hello?"

I turn in a circle. The classroom is exactly as it was before, except it's just me.

**Fred's POV**

The boggart surrounds Rae, sort of like a tornado or something. It's sort of clear, so we can see her, but when she turns around and says something, we can't hear. She turns around again and Lupin steps forward, raising his wand. There's a bang and the boggart flies back, turning into a swarm of balloons. Rae stumbles backwards and to my surprise George springs forward and takes her arm, talking to her quietly. She looks up at him and smiles, nodding. He grins and ruffles her hair. Lupin flicks his wand and the boggart is thrown back into the wardrobe.

"Well done, well done, everyone!" he says, pacing in front of the class, "ten points to everyone! Very well done."

The bell rings and we scramble for our bags. George and I walk out on either side of Rae. I'm dying to ask what her boggart was, but I don't want to seem rude. I'll ask George about it later.

"I am so hungry," Rae says as we walk downstairs, "I could eat a whole dragon."

"Even the claws?" I joke.

"Even the claws."

We're walking down the marble staircase when Oliver walks up from the dungeons. He looks past us and smiles.

"Lena!" he calls.

Lena pushes past us and runs down to him without so much as a glance in our direction. She leans up and kisses him. Rae has stopped dead.

"You know, I'm not so hungry any more," she says quietly.

"Me neither," I agree.

We look at George who sighs.

"Can we at least go down to the kitchens?" he asks, "I'm starving."

I follow George and Rae downstairs, watching them. For so long Rae was really shy with us. She used to go bright red whenever George spoke to her. Now she seems relaxed and happy. I wonder if this has something to do with stepping away from Elena. Certainly, Elena was always more confident.

Or maybe she doesn't like George as more than a friend any more. She did before, I'm sure of it. When George looks at her I see that gleam in his eye that I know means he likes her, but when she looks at him, it's the same as when she looks at me.

I feel a pang in my heart. George would be so hurt if it turned out she had gotten over him. I run forward and push my way inbetween them.

"You know, I actually could go for a snack," I say.

**Rae's POV**

We get some food from the kitchens and take it outside. It's cool, even in the sun, so I huddle between the boys, thrilling at being so close to George.

"Are you going home for Christmas?" Fred asks. I shake my head.

"Are you?"

"Yeah, we are," George says. I sigh.