Chapter 16

HEY GUYS!! So I have serious writers block and have no idea on how I'm going to end this story. So I need your help! If you have any suggestions on how my story should end, just message me or comment on this chapter! I'll make sure to give credit to you if I use your ideas :) So thank you in advance and all ideas are welcome! Thanks and enjoy the chapter! :)

PERCY

I heard Annabeth laughing as I dragged her away from the blonde-haired demon known as Miley.

"Uncle Tartarus? Really?" she laughed as we turned corner. I faced her and smiled.

"It was the first thing that I thought of!" I told her, leaning against the wall. Annabeth took a step closer to me and placed her hands on my shoulders. She stood up on her tiptoes and kissed me gently. I wrapped one arm around her waist and pulled her against me. She suddenly winced and pulled away, putting her head on my shoulder. She raised her hand and covered her chest. I loosened my arm, making space between us.

"Sorry," I said quietly. Annabeth raised her head from my shoulder and smiled weakly.

"It's fine... It just... Hurts." Her eyes darted away from me, then she pulled away.

"Look, here comes Thalia and Nico," she said, looking to the side. I turned my head and saw the Hunter and the son of Hades walking towards us. By the looks on their faces, they were obviously arguing about something. From a distance, you would probably mistake the two for brother and sister. They both had black hair, pale-ish skin, they were even wearing the same type of clothes. Thalia was clutching her black leather jacket in her hand, showing off her black shirt with the words 'Here's to Never Growing Up' written across it in red letters. She was wearing black skinny jeans and black shoes. Nico was had a black unzipped hoodie on, revealing some of his black shirt with 'Death' written in red letters, just like Thalia's. Nico was also wearing black jeans and black shoes. The only thing that wasn't the same were the eyes. While Thalia's were electric blue, Nico's were dark brown.

"I wonder what they're fighting about," I said quietly.

"This time," Annabeth added as the cousins walked up to Annabeth and I.

"Will you please tell this loser that joining the Hunters was a good idea?" Thalia demanded to us.

"Um, why?" I asked.

"Because he thinks that it was stupid of me to become a Hunter."

"Because it is!" Nico said loudly. Thalia turned to him.

"How is it bad?!" she asked, "You get to be immortal!"

"You think that's a good thing? In a bazillion years, when the earth finally gets too close to the sun, you will be there when the world explodes. And also, we'll all be dead so you'll have no friends." Thalia rolled her eyes.

"Ok, one, I have the rest of my immortal hunters to be friends with. And two, I'll probably get killed by something before the end of the world. So ha!" Nico crossed his arms and rolled his eyes.

Thalia, with a satisfied grin of her face, looked at Annabeth. Her smiled suddenly faded.

"What's wrong?" Thalia asked Annabeth. Annabeth raised her eyebrow.

"What are you talking about?" Annabeth replied. Thalia looked at her skeptically.

"Annabeth, you're my best friend, I can always tell when there's something wrong with you." Annabeth looked away.

"I just got attacked by an empousa, that's all," she mumbled. Thalia looked at me.

"Jee, looks like you did a good job of protecting her, didn't you?" she said.