Chapter 7

PERCY

"You know, this is way harder than sixth grade biology," Grover said to me.

I chuckled quietly, "Tell me about it."

Grover and I were lucky enough to have fifth period biology together. Well, more lucky for me than Grover. While the satyr was technically twice my age, he hadn't been to school since the sixth grade, when he was first assigned as my protector. He was staring at the worksheet we had been given in confusion. "What's mitosis?" he asked. "And how is it different from meiosis?"

I just shook my head and sighed, looking down at my paper, which looked like alphabet soup to me. "I have no idea," I said.

Grover sighed along with me, pushing his paper away. "Let's take a break from this," he said, looking over at me. "Let's talk about more important things."

I looked at him, raising my eyebrows. "Like what?"

"Like you and Annabeth. What's going on with you two?" I couldn't help but smile as I looked down at my paper. Grover leaned a little closer, his grin growing. "Oh, what's happened?"

"Nothing," I said quickly. "Well, I mean... I kind of told her that I like her."

Grover raised his eyebrows and scoffed. "That's not 'nothing', Perce. That's a pretty big something."

I rolled my eyes. "It wasn't that big of a deal. I just... told her I liked her and I asked her out. That was it."

"What did she say?"

"She said yes." I smiled uncontrollably, remembering earlier today.

"Finally," sighed Grover.

I looked at him, my eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"Well, it's about time that you two got together," chuckled Grover. "I never told you, but I could sense your feelings from the very first quest we went on. Annabeth's too."

I felt my blush deepen, and I looked away from Grover, hoping he wouldn't notice. "Well, we're not really together," I said quietly. "I only asked her out, not to be my girlfriend or anything."

Grover raised his eyebrows. "You asked her on a date."

"Yeah."

"So that would mean that you were dating-"

"We're not dating." I had to resist the urge to not add 'yet' at the end of that sentence. "We haven't talked about that yet. We actually need to go out first."

Grover rolled his eyes and went back to his work. Thankfully, conversation abort Annabeth and me was quickly dropped. But with the talk that followed, I would have talked about my relationship Annabeth forever.

"Who's that girl that's looking at you?" whispered Grover, nodding his head at someone a few tables away from us. I looked up and followed his gaze... Only to make eye contact with Miley. She winked at me, biting the end of her pencil. I rolled my eyes and turned back to my paper.

"Her name's Miley," I muttered.

Grover paused for a minute, probably reading my emotions, because he then said, "I'm guessing you don't like her?"