Prologue: Night Terrors (EDITED)

*I RECOMMEND WATCHING THE VAMPIRE DIARIES FIRST. THIS BOOK WILL MAKE MORE SENSE IF YOU DO. ENJOY!*

Prologue: Night Terrors

I was in the car with Elena and my parents. Elena and dad were arguing about Elena ditching family night. I was listening to music. Of course, she got the attention. My parents didn't even notice that I was in pain from when I cut my ankle pretty deep. I got it when we were getting in the car to pick her up from a party. I didn't go because I really didn't really do parties.

I suddenly get this weird feeling in my stomach like something's going to happen. Something bad. That's when I felt the car swerve. Elena screams as we go through the railing of the Wickery Bridge and into the lake. I open my eyes to see my mom and Elena unconscious. I see my dad trying to get out.

"Dad!" I say wearily. Water starts to fill the car.

"Mid, you are gonna be okay. We'll get through this," he says, but I knew we weren't going to be fine.

The car was finally submerged in the lake. I was scared and crying, water all around me. That's when I realized, I can save them. Or at least Elena. I know I now had to be tough and no longer scared and no longer show pain. I wanted my sister to be alive and to do that... is to no longer be scared.

My face fell emotionless as I ripped my seatbelt off. I move to Elena and rip hers off as well when suddenly I see her door being yanked off. It's a man. I can't see who it is, my vision is blurring. He reaches for me but I push him away and point to Elena. He grabs her and swims away. I go to see my dad is still conscious, but barely. I try to rip his seat belt off but he stops me and motions me to get out. I try again but he grabs my hands, stopping me. I didn't want to leave him, but he wanted me to. I kiss his forehead and swim to the surface. I gasp for air as I lay on the shore. I see Elena being laid down next to me. I look up to see the man that saved my sister, but he's still blurry.

"Thank you..." I mutter and see his green eyes before darkness takes over.

I wake up with a gasp. I'm breathing hard, covered in cold sweat head to toe. I haven't had that dream since after my parent's death. I get up and go to the bathroom. I look in the mirror and see my eyes glowing a bright silver, making me gasp. I close them and open them again to see them their normal dull silver and not glowing. Weird... must have imagined it.

I go back to my room and look at my alarm clock. It's 2:55. I got to go to school in a few hours. Great. I take a deep breath and lay back down. I see a crow fly and land outside my window. It was black and had what seemed blue eyes. Weird. I soon drift to sleep with those eyes in my mind.

==================

I hope you like it.

Vote, comment, share.

LOVE YAL!!!

Midnight------>

I do not own any TVD characters or the plot line.

EDITED 6/12/17