Crumble

"Bubblegum, Abadeer? its week two, please feed us the information you have gained." 

"well...."

"well...." they began awkwardly, bonnie fiddling with the tips of her hair while marceline shifted around on her feet.

"bonnie tastes like....erm...bonnie."

"marcelines an amazing kisser by the way."

"bonnie is now named 'binnie' because of all the trash that spills from her mouth accidently." Marcie giggled when the younger girl rolled her eyes and hit her playfully with a small smile on her face

"marceline has a...complicated past but makes up for it with her amazing voice."

"Complicated...more like...Eventful." she said with her signature smirk

"yeah, we'll say eventful. anyways marceline likes playing guitar.."

"Bass bonnibel. its a bass."

bonnie turned around and grinned at her as the bell went, signalling the end of yet another day in 'the shit hole' as marceline loved to call it.

"hey! Vampy? wanna fight!?" marceline froze. her skin going impossibly paler.

"How did yo--"

"I asked you a question!" the large blonde haired boy shoved her to the floor before spotting bonnibel.

"And whose this? Your iddy biddy girlfriend?" with one swift movement the boys fist made contact with bonnies jaw and marceline saw red. confusion and worry was imediantly replaced by pure rage.

"Get off her you fucking nob!" she roared as she quickly got up and walked towards the boy. The first swing hit his stomach, winding him and temporarily stunning him, then another. to the back of the head this time. then she gripped hold of either side of his head and slammed his face into her knee. her fangs sinking into the boys neck.

"M-marcie?" the raven haired girl turned just in time to relise that everyone was staring. her gaze stopped on bonnibel. she looked absolutely terrified. all because of her. 

she looked around hurriedly, hoping to explain. 

she ran.

she ran.

she ran away.

she was scared, so she ran.

She ran out the front doors of school. Breath quickening with every step. her hands gripped hold of her bag. her hair whipping at her face as looked back over her shoulder. The school was tiny now. Yet another problem she ran from.

She ran from bonnibel, the only person who actually cared for her.

She ran away from home, the only place she knew she could rely on.

She ran.

She ran away from life. From inevitable death.

Or she tried.

Her feet were sore. Her ears pounded with blood. She had ditched her bag in the first half hour, It was only going to weigh her down. She had taken her money, phone and jacket.

It was ever since she had met her bonnie her life had start to fall. bit by bit her life, which she had tried so hard to keep normal, to keep under control...her paradise..

It was crumbling away.

She could just work out the city in which her brother stay, keeping away from the living hell which was her life.

He didnt even know what was going to turn up at his doorstep.

He would welcome her and let her stay for a while.

Oh how she hated that everyone else had a simple, easy, uncomplicated life and she was stuck with a shitty excuse for one.

She bought another shirt and extra shoes for her travels, as well as another bigger yet lighter rucksack. she had 99p left. she threw it into a charity box. 

she brought a hand up to the door and knocked. once. twice. three times.

The door swung open and she forced a smile. she was brought inside. she cried into one of the pillows. she apolagised for the tear marks and told him that she was an idiot.

He smiled at her.

He didnt question any of her actions.

He offered a tissue.

He was so kind to her.

She didnt deserve this. 

She didnt deserve anything.

she screamed at him for hours, telling him how stupid he was for letting her stay. Telling him about what had happened since he had moved out. the neighbors were probably going to complain about the noise. he listened and didnt say anything. They were silent for a while. after an entire fifteen minuits the silence was broken by a small 'I love you'.

Marshall just grinned and replied with an even quieter 'I know you do sis."

Then after what seemed like an eternity, sleep took her. 

Curled up in a ball was Marceline Abadeer. The Vampire Queen. Unwilling Heir to the Nightosphere. Sister to Marshall lee. The Vampire King. Rightful Heir to the Nightosphere.

He was a kind and gentle jerk. Hes probably never really experianced true love. His life was pretty simple with only a few complications along the way.

She was a monster. there was no doubt about that. She was hung up on a girl with pink hair. She had fallen in love. She had fallen hard and she couldnt get up. She was paralyzed. her entire body ached. 

She was tired both mentally and physically.

Her brother wrapped her up in a blanket and smiled weakly at her before going to bed. 

He didnt know and yet he still cared for her. 

He didnt know she was more of a monster than dad ever was. 

But he was about to find out. they all were.