The beginning

Yo, I'm rewriting this whole story so there's better plot and less errors. Updates will be extremely rare. Hope all you old readers appreciate the better writing.

-

Marceline huffed and threw her legs up on to the table which, like all the others, was covered in graffiti. She had already finished with her English test and so she glanced around the usually chaotic room to find that she wasn't the only one who had finished.

Bonnibel Bubblegum was sat all prim and proper with her pencils and pens all in a neat row in the corner of her desk. She was always surrounded by friends whenever Marceline saw her in the hallways. Marceline pinned it down to the fact that her parents owned one of the largest candy companies in the city; The Candy Kingdom. It didn't help that Bonnibel had just broken up with the schools football jockstrap Finn. The entire school was talking about how she dumped his sorry ass in the parking lot last month, right in front of his brother and their friends.

Marceline hummed in thought and tore her eyes away from little miss perfect to stare at a few of the 'educational posters' that adorned the faded walls. Nearly every single one of them had been ripped or creased in a way that made the school look as if it didn't have any money. Although, now that Marceline thought about it, they probably didn't. Her train of thought led her directly to the exact opposite of Finn.

Her ex-boyfriend, Ashton Michaels. Or, as everyone else liked to call him, Ash. It made sense, considering he smokes a few packs a day and reeks like a cheep musty ass bar. He was such a charming sweetheart when Marceline first started going out with him. He dropped his little charming facade a few months in and turned out to be an egotistical bigot with the iq of a ham sandwich.

The boy had ditched her on dates, told her he could have done better, and that she should have been greatful, he had cheated on her countless times and he even went as far as to hit-

"Miss Abadeer." The stern voice of the teacher pulled Marceline out of her thoughts and back into reality. The class collectively snickered as she ground out her last name. "I asked for your test." It was coupled with a wriggle of her grotesque, fat fingers and pursed lips.

"Shi- I mean, yeah here." Marceline muttered out, grabbing the test paper back and grabbing the sheet of paper she had been brainstorming lyrics on. She had only just opened her bag when the teacher cleared her throat once more.

"Need I spell it out for you? I want the test paper, not your unfinished love song." She practically clawed the test out of the teens hand and slammed the other piece of paper down on the table for Marceline to grab and shove into her messenger bag. The class snickered once more.

"It wasn't a love song you fucking..." She trailed off into a grumble and crossed her arms over her chest, glaring at the back of the teachers head as she picked up the rest of the class' paper.

"If you remembered to look at the sheet on the board you will already know what I'm talking about." The teacher began once more. It was only a few minutes before the bell and Marceline just continued glaring. "For the ones who didn't remember," A pointed stare at Marceline, "You're being set a month long project with a peer from this class that I have chosen for you. You'll have exactly four weeks to write a thousand page essay on the other person's hobbies, their personal life and their characteristics." Marceline groaned and lifted her arm. "Yes, this means you'll have to be social or you lose twenty five percent of your grade." Her arm dropped, as well as everyone's jaws. "With modern technology the only excuse I'll accept is that you're either leaving school or there's family issues. The latter can be discussed with me." The bell rang just as she stopped talking and Marceline huffed, swinging her legs off the table dramatically and shuffling over to the small crowd of people who hadn't looked at the sheet when they had walked in.