Stephanie Swoony VHE Vampire Hunter And Executioner Chapter 4

Chapter Four : Party at Zav's

I put on the designer clothing, it was a long flowing backless, black dress and black Tony Bianco stilettos, and walked down the hall to meet Xavier. His house was an estate somewhere. It was big, old and beautiful, with a rose maze for a backyard and a little fountain in the middle. I could see it from the bedroom window I had walked into to get changed.

"Xavier" I called

"Yes" I heard his voice from right behind me

I turned around and said "You really shouldn't hide in the paintings, it's just, well, not cool, but that's not what I'm here to ask"

"Ok then go ahead ask"

"How long is this party going to go for?"

"Probably all night"

"Bugger, I guess I'm just going to have to pull an over dayer"

"Ha, ha I get that, but it'll be good for you to take some time off"

"Ah hu" I said

"And annoy your boss" he added

"Woo yeah, he deserves a good pissing off"

"There's the spirit, come on now let's par-ty" he said and grabbed my hand and started dragging me to where ever the party was

"Hold it one sec, whose invited?" I asked

"Pretty much every vampire in the Sydney area"

"Fudge"

"Fudge, such a pretty word coming out of such a dirty mouth, I never knew the day would come when I would hear such sweet sounds coming out of that totally kissable mouth of yours"

"Oh shut up, I'm your girlfriend right? So be nice"

"Well...."

"Oh my God, there is still something you haven't told me"

He got down on one knee, pulled a velvet box out of his coat jacket. I hadn't even really noticed what he was wearing, I'm betting it was a designer suit.

"Stephanie Swoony, you make me swoon, and I want to swoon for the rest of my life or death, whatever it may be. Will you marry me?" he asked sincerely

The question was so unexpected, I had never though he would ask me this question, for crying out loud we weren't even dating, and best friends.

"Uh..." I said uncertainly, totally unsure of what to make of the situation.

"OMG" he started laughing his head off "You should have seen your face, I mean it was so funny, you though I was serious"

"OMG are you a school girl seriously, I can barley pass using the slang, but you, you're god knows how old, and ,well, look like you're 22 while I'm 20 and look like an 18 year old"

"Hold it let me guess what you are going to say 'Jeez grandpa pull it together, it's not cool to still be going through midlife crisis'"

"That wasn't what I was going to say?" I told

"What were you going to say?" he asked

"I would have called you great grandpa, I mean honestly you're way too old to just be grandpa anymore"

We both started cracking up laughing. He put the ring on my finger, told me I was pretending to be his fiancé and we resumed our walk or more like dordle down the hall way. His place had many paintings of people I didn't know. I assumed they were Royal because of the way they dressed, but who knew, I sure as hell wasn't a history buff. The silence between us was getting a bit awkward.