Stephanie Swoony VHE Vampire Hunter and Exicutioner chap 2

Chapter Two: Unexpected Surprises

"Xavier, what are you doing here?" I asked him as I sat down on one of my plush couches

"Well I'm in town on a job. Just though I'd let you know before you get dragged in like last time"

"This, ah, job you're working on wouldn't happen to involve some mystery vampire that you can't keep track of, would it?"

"And how would you know that?"

"Well you're a bit to late on the warning me before I get dragged in because I've already been dragged in"

"Well aren't I just the luckiest Vampire in the world, you're already working the case" he said in a fake hillbilly accent

"No, not exactly" I mumbled, hoping he wouldn't hear me, but of course he would, he was a vampire for crying out loud

"What do you mean by not exactly?" he asked suspiciously

"Well my friend Bob the vampire just took me for a midnight drive in his fancy limo. He threatened my friends and said he'd pay big bucks"

"And how many big bucks did he say he would pay?"

"1 million dollars" I mumbled again

"Fudge coated brownies girls, that's 4 time more than what I've been offered, and that only if I bring him home alive"

"Well I'm getting paid half a million if I bring his head in, or a million if I bring him alive to this 'Gala'"

"Hold up just one second, who invited you to the Gala?"

"Bob did. He said he would send me an invitation"

"You were in the car with Bob as in 'Bob's your uncle'?"

"Um his name is Bob" I said putting emphasis on the Bob

"In the underground we call him Bob's your uncle cause, well, I don't actually know why we call him that, never met him in fact"

"I know why"

"And why would that be?"

"Well if you had met him you'd know"

"Well not many people get to met Bob, apparently his like some big shot or something"

"A big shot with two macho bodyguards"

"Wow, I wonder why this case has got him so freaked?"

"No idea, but what is this Gala anyway?"

"Well it's only the biggest vampire event of the year. You guys call it Vampay, while vampires call it the Gala. It's the day we celebrate....."

"When vampires first showed themselves to the world" I cut him off

"Yes and also if you're a vampire you'll also know it's the day business is done during sun hours and

partying is done during dark hours"

"Ok, I didn't know you could stay awake during the day, but any way, so for me to get an invite it's like a really big honour or something"

"Yep"

"Shit this means I'm going to have to wear a dress and heels"

Xavier chuckled "You've got to catch a vampire and all you're worried about is the fact you have to buy and wear a dress and heels"

I pouted at him. He knew I hated going shopping; I mean wearing the things weren't as bad as having to go to the shops.

"I will go shopping with you if that makes you feel better"