Stephanie Swoony VHE Vampire Hunter and Exicutioner chap 3

Chapter Three: Interrogation Time

Sitting in the interrogation was actually quite comforting. I mean they had food, a coffee machine, a black leather couch; it was unlike any other interrogation room I had ever been in. I mean I'm in them quite often due to my job. Sneaking around, getting caught, catching other people, happens quite a lot. The door opened and Nathaniel stepped through.

"How are you doing?" he asked

"Surprisingly good" I said keeping character, though it was kind of hard when I just wanted to jump into someone's arms and be held, and right in front of me was a good looking man with arms that looked oh so comforting "I mean with the accommodation here I could probably sleep the whole night and not have any complaints. You must be quite rich to have an interrogation room like this"

"Well this room is for the humans who haven't done anything wrong"

I snorted, me, innocent, as if.

"What?" he asked

"Nothing, nothing"

"Ok then, have a seat I'm going to ask you a couple of questions"

"And I'm probably not going to answer" I said getting comfortable on the couch

He mumbled something then said "How did you know the woman was pregnant?"

"You get straight to the point don't you, just bang, hit the nail on the head"

"Are you going to answer?"

"Yes I am. I might as well start at the beginning of this life ruining story." I said "The vampire you're looking for has a history, though it's not recorded because the bodies always disappear. He has a thing with killing families of 3, normally the woman is pregnant, but he isn't as picky as some serial killers. He puts that mark you saw on the bodies, on them before they die, it's like his signature or something. Oh and I mustn't forget that nobody escapes him, except for one time. There was this little girl who got away from him. Though no one has ever proven he is real. I've always believed the story and tonight's just proof" no need to tell him in the underground he is known as the fox

"And how do you know there was only one survivor, a little girl, I might add?"

"Now this is the part where I shut my mouth and say nothing" I pretended to zip my lips

"What you're not going to ask for a lawyer?"

I just tapped my lips.

"Well until I get more information out of you, you aren't going anywhere"

I just sat there unmoved by his words

"I'm going to get Mike in here, see if he can get something out of you"

He walked to the door and just as he was about to close it I said "You really shouldn't be putting truth spells on food you know?"

The door shut tightly, but I could tell I had surprised him, I smiled to myself thinking, he was a hard on to piss off, but it would happen. I laid down on the couch, sleep was finally catching up to me, I figured I could catch a few minutes of sleep before Mike came, I mean I did deserve a little rest. My eyes fluttered closed and I instantly fell asleep.

I was walking in the park. Mummy was holding my right hand and daddy was holding my left. There was cool breeze blowing past slightly cooling us off from the boiling heat of the sun. The birds were singing there chirpy songs, the bees were buzzing about and the plants were radiant, smiling at us as we walked through the park. It was a quiet day and nobody was there. We walked past the pond and fed the ducks. Night was coming closer and closer by the minute, but I was having too much fun to notice.