t r e t t e n

I shivered as I took my first step outside into the cold winter air again

I shivered as I took my first step outside into the cold winter air again. After the comfortable heat of the café, this felt like the Antarctic. Jonas didn't seem that excited either since he scrunched up his nose and coughed.

"I want summer. Now." He muttered in my direction and unlocked his bike.

"I'd be content with a bit of spring but summer sounds good to me too." I pulled the scarf tighter around my neck and rearranged my hair so it laid on top of the scarf comfortably.

"We'll have to power through at least another month. If not two." Jonas pushed his bike next to me and we walked back in the direction of the school.

Kosegruppa was waiting.
We had almost forgotten the meeting since we had lost track of time at some point. Jonas and me had talked for almost two and a half hours straight, without interruptions, and I still felt like there were hundred more topics I could hold a conversation with him about. Luckily, we had only spent half of the money Jonas had won, so we had planned to go to the café sometime again this week or the next.
I smiled happily and looked down at my feet. The tips of my boots were already covered in snow and I stomped onto the pavement to get it off.
Spending time with Jonas felt good. I forgot about everything that was bothering me normally and that made me stress throughout the day. I was just there with him. In the moment. His presence calmed me in a weird way.

"Do you know who's gonna be at Kosegruppa now?" Jonas turned his head to look at me, ripping me out of my thoughts.

I glanced back at him and nodded slowly. "Vilde, Sana, Eva and Noora are definitely going to be there since it's our group. Kinda. Magnus is coming because Vilde is there​ and Isak and Even said they'd be there too, considering their history with Kosegruppa." I put my hands in the pockets of my coat. "I think there's also some first year people coming and Lisa from my Math class. And you." I smiled at Jonas.

"Mahdi said he'd maybe swing by."

"Serr?" I chuckled at his statement.

"He said maybe he'll find the love of his life there too. Like Isak." The boy next to me started laughing and I fell in with him.

"I have been to at least seven Kosegruppa meetings now and I haven't found the love of my life yet." I giggled and pulled my hand out of my pockets to warm up my cheeks. "I think Mahdi will be heavily disappointed today."

"Um, excuse me?" Jonas stopped walking and glared at me jokingly. "I am at this Kosegruppa meeting and I am the love of your life so..." He trailed of and I laughed again.

"Sure. It'll happen today." I mused and smiled widely.

He stayed silent, still grinning, and we continued walking.
I pulled out my phone to check if Vilde had sent me any new messages about stuff I should bring to the meeting. I knew it was a bit rude, considering I was with Jonas but I felt like we were past the point of getting hung up about the other person being on their phone for a few seconds.
Vilde hadn't texted me but there were a few new messages​ from Elias.