t j u e s e k s

"Let's go grab lunch

"Let's go grab lunch." A voice said from behind me said as I was again struggling with my school locker.

I knew who it was without turning around and I didn't want to face them. After admitting my feelings for Jonas to myself last night, I felt like a helpless ant under someone's shoe. I could try to scramble away or stay still but it would inevitably end with me being hurt, no matter what I did. However, somehow, I didn't even have a problem with that. I wanted to be with Jonas in any possible way because he made me feel good. About myself and about life. He helped with easing the turmoil in my head. So I wanted to be with him and even if I could only be with him as a friend then I would.

I took a deep breath and spun around to face the boy standing behind me. "We've spend every free minute with each other since Wednesday and you still want to hang out with me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him. "And besides that, don't you have class?"

"I'm comitted to us. And I'm skipping." He grinned boyishly. "With you. Because your last class is cancelled. And because I'm hungry."

I smiled at his words, feeling the familiar butterflies in my stomach. "Okay then." I turned back to my locker, slamming it shut and tried to turn the rusty lock.

"Let me." Jonas stepped up behind me and brushed my hands off the metal, smiling at me.

I blushed at the skin to skin contact and stepped aside, giving him space to deal with the lock. I lifted my coat off the floor where I had dropped it previously and put it on.

Jonas jerked the lock from side to side a little before he managed to turn it all the way, closing the locker for good. "Let's go."

He grinned down at me and I smiled up at him, my backpack hanging off my shoulders.
We just stood there for a few seconds, both of us taking in the other one's face. I had never noticed how green his eyes where in some lighting. It reminded me of summer holidays at lakes somewhere in the country side. I took in his face and wanted nothing more than to trail my fingers across his features.

"Hallå, two of my favourite people!" Isak stepped up from behind us, causing us to rip out of our train of thoughts, whipping around.

Jonas inhaled sharply and stuffed his hands into his jeans pockets. I had noticed that he always did that when he was nervous or unsure of something.

"What are you guys doing here?" Isak's grin was wide and he shook his head slightly to get rid of a strand of hair that was in his eye.

Jonas had caught himself and was the first one to speak up. "We wanted to grab some food." He glanced at me and I smiled reassuringly, causing him to break into a smile too.

"That's great!" Isak's grin widened if that was even possible. "Can I come with you?"

"Sure." I shrugged and noticed Jonas pressing his lips into a tight line.