Pre-Birthday Blues

*Happy birthday Bonzo!

1 week later...

Robert's POV

Yes, it was May 31, and we all knew what that meant. I was sitting at the foot of my bed in the hotel room, brushing the knots out of my tangled hair when I heard the hushed sound of pitter-patter footsteps right outside my door. I paid no attention to it whatsoever, until there was a loud knock at the door. 

Bam, Bam, Bam!

I jumped, startled at the sudden noise. "It's open!" I hollered, and in stumbled Jonesy. "Robbie!" he cried, "Where's Bonzo?" I shrugged and continued running the comb through my golden hair. The sunlight slipping through the drawn curtains made it look like my hair was actually shimmering, I loved it when that happened. I was snapped out of my trance when Jonesy yelled again. "Robbie! Wake up!" 

I sat up straight and lifted my chin high. "Yes, sir." He just rolled his eyes and just shook his head at me until Pete poked his head through the slightly opened door. "Hidey ho! Get off your lazy asses! It's time to set up Bonzo's surprise party!" he shouted joyously. "Shh!" Jonesy snapped, "He might hear you!"

"Sorry," he whispered, holding in a smile. Just then, Jimmy crawled through Pete's legs and sat down right besides me. He held a gaze with me for a second, his gray eyes gleaming. He has been so happy for the last couple of days, I'm guessing that it had something to do with something that happened between him and Kat at the hospital, but that kind of stuff didn't matter to me anymore. My love for Kat had turn into a simple friendship. We were still very close, but she belonged to Jimmy now, and I was okay with that. 

"Hello, mate," his bright eyes crinkling into a smile. 

"Good day, sir." We both laughed and exchanged an elated grin. I was glad that jimmy and I could now talk like we used to without a long awkward pause killing the spirit. My eyes wandered down to his arm, which was still sealed in a bulky cast. "No time for conversation," Jonesy explained, "We have to keep in line or we will never finish in time. Now, Robert, you, Pete, and Kat are in charge of decorations. Keith is in charge of the cake. Somebody tell Roger that if he wants fireworks, he'll have to get them himself." Fireworks? Jesus, it was simply a birthday party, not the fourth of July. "What about me?" Jimmy asked. "You have to keep Bonzo out of the room until I give you the clear." Jimmy groaned and got up, "I was hoping it was something that didn't need any effort." He sighed and headed for the door, and he disappeared like a magician in a magic act. 

I honestly didn't know why Jonesy decided that it would be a good idea to boss us around like soldiers, besides, Bonzo made it very clear that he didn't want a big party. "Who else is coming?" I asked. Jonesy pulled out a neatly folded piece of lined paper from his pocket and tossed it to me. "I don't have time to read the entire list, so I hope you're a fast reader." And before you could say anything, Jonesy zipped out the door to boss somebody else around. I quickly skimmed through the endless list of names, half of which I didn't even know.

Guest List

-Mick Fleetwood

-Christine McVie

-Stevie Nicks

-Lindsey Buckingham

-Ronnie Wood

-Keith Richards

-Ringo Starr

-George Harrison

-Janis Joplin