But I Love You

Robert's POV

I wanted to burst into tears. I wanted to just curl up into a ball and hide. I wanted to crawl under my sheets and never come out. I can't believe it, she actually had feelings for Jimmy. She just ripped out my heart and jumped all over it right in front of me. I should have known, how could I have been so stupid? I thought she loved me.

I stormed down the hall, my eyes blurred with tears. I swung the door open and slammed it so hard that the room shook. I tried to choke back the tears, but it was no use. I sank down to the floor and buried my head in my arms, letting the tears stream down my cheeks. I rarely cried, which was why I was so surprised that I react this way, and over a bird, too. 

I sensed someone sink down next to me, but I didn't bother to look up. No matter who it was, it probably wouldn't help anyway. But when I heard them speak...

"I'm so sorry, Robert." I looked up, and there was Kat staring back at me with those taunting green eyes. "I am sorry," she repeated. I gulped, "Forget it," I muttered under my breath. In the corner of my eye, I saw her face fall. She sighed and looked down at her hands in her lap. "I guess I was wrong." I sniffled, "About what?" She ran her hand across the carpet, "About how nothing changed while I was away." I stared at my feet in front of me, searching for something to say. "Your feelings have definitely changed." She looked over at me, "I guess so."

"So that's it? We're done?" She shrugged, "I'm not sure yet."

"When will you be sure?"

"I'm not sure of that either." Her bracelet jangled as she moved her arm to hold my hand, but I moved mine away. "You don't seem to sure yourself." I kept my mouth shut and turned my back to her. "Fine, stay mad at me. But I'm trying to tell you how sorry I feel and you won't even give me a fucking break," she spat. "You want me out of your life, and that's just fine." She stormed over to the door and put her hand on the knob. Without turning to me, she whispered, "Just know that I love you." Before I had the chance to say something, she was gone.

Jimmy's POV

I was pacing back and forth in my hotel room. My hands were sweating and I was starting to tense up. I was waiting for Robert to storm in and tear me to shreds for what I've done. But instead, Kat came in, wiping tears from her eyes. I rushed up to her and took her in my arms. "What did he do to you? What did he say?" She pulled herself together and shook her head. "He hates me."

"Oh love, I'm sure he doesn't hate you." She shook me off of her. "How would you know?" she snapped. I was taken aback at her attitude. This was not the Kat I knew and loved. Robert must have shaken her a bit, I could tell by the sadness she was carrying around. I guess she could tell what I was thinking and regretted it. She burst into tears and leaned into my chest. "Jimmy, I'm so sorry. You've been so good to me, and I've been such a bitch to you. I've caused you so much pain for so long. You have every single fucking right in the world to hate me." I wrapped my arm her to comfort her. "Oh darling, even if I tried I could never hate you. You mean everything to me and I would be an idiot to throw it all away now." I lifted her head up to look into her eyes. "It's you who should hate me."

"What?"

"I ruined your relationship with Robert. I'm sorry." 

"It's fine," she leaned in close to me. "I don't think he ever loved me anyway." I shook my head. "He hang onto you for four years, if that's not love than I don't know what is." She nodded, and I saw spirit and life come back to her. She gave me a bright smile and I had to kiss her, it was a given. When I pulled away, I felt myself darken. "You should go to him."

"What?"

"Go talk to Robert."

"Why?"

"Because no matter what you say I know you still love him."

"But what about you? I don't wanna do something that would only hurt you."

"I'll be fine, just go." She stood there in shock. I knew what she was thinking. "No, I'm not high." She smiled and went to the door, "Just checking." 

*Sorry it's short, but it will get really hot next chapter