Training

Okay so I'm going to try to make this the best combination of the two characters Katniss and America like an Kameriss (a random ship name of katniss and America.)

Chapter 8

I walk out of the palace with the other ten girls who got to stay a week. We weave our way through the garden, it’s filled with colorful daisies and roses. We all load into a limo and a gas sprays out of the roof of it. All of us gag and fall onto the ground. We are all gasping as the chemicals filled our lungs. It doesn't burn though, it’s more of a soothing feeling, like honey filling my lungs instead of the feeling I was expecting, like knives striking me repeatedly. My eyes have trouble staying open. I see peacekeepers close the door.

Then I black out and so does every other girl in the car.

I wake up in a cold dark room there a shapeless objects around me I bolt up and look around. I gasp I stare more in-depth at the figures I see A face and I make it out as Marlee. Suddenly I'm seeing all the other girls’ faces and slowly they all wake up. The lights flicker on only dim enough to make out the other items in the room. I didn't know the room was so big I look around and take a guess as I where I am. The training room. This is how I always pictured it at least... Large, swords on racks and walls. Throwing knives and bow and arrows on tables. They have body shaped targets and areas to test your knowledge of berries and plants that you can and can't eat or a how to on starting fires.

Suddenly our trainer walked in, "Hello, my name is Silvia. I am your trainer. As you know only one of you will make it out alive each of you think that it's you but sadly 34 of you are wrong so, let's get started shall we? Just pick a weapon you feel best suits you." She finishes her sentence and then separates us into stations. "Okay, Lady Anna lady Marlee Lady Celeste lady Tiny Lady Ashly and Lay America. You will start at the weapons table you will be figuring out which weapon you are most skilled with." she sends us off to the weapons table I stare down at all my options.

I see knives of various sizes but I know since I barley know how to use them in a kitchen I know I can't inflict any damage with it, and when I say damage I don't mean on people I mean on animals for food. I look to my right Marlee is scooping up a sling shot I grab something at random and head to a target. Marlee looks at the weapon in my hand, "I didn't know you use bow and arrows?" She said grinning.

I look down and think, so that's what I grabbed, "um... I don't I just was lucky enough to grab it." I say she nods. Marlee lines up her sling shot and launches a paint ball to see where it splatters on the target. I pull my bow back like I’d seen many times before and I line the arrow up. I breathe in then out then in again and let it fly. I miss the outline of a human by about a foot. Celeste snorts I look over at her, “what?!" I ask she smiles and shakes her head, "amateur".

She says and I place a hand on my hip, "like you can do better?!" I threaten. She takes a knife and stares at me flinging it blindly at the target. It soars so fast I can't see it as it spins through the air there's a loud thud as the knife makes contact with the board. I stare in dismay at what I see the blade has perfectly pierced the heart. I gulp.