The final moments of freedom

Okay so I’m gonna do my best to update more frequently with this story I’m just busy writing 5 other stories but I will do my best with keeping the updates frequent with each story.

Chapter 7

I rush out of my room, "Maxon!' I scream but there is no answer, I try screaming louder. "Maxon!" It still doesn't work. I have no idea where he could have possibly gone! Maybe to a meeting or something... I just can't let him plan out every detail right now just to keep me safe and alive.

I continue storming through the halls, "Maxon." I start to say in a normal voice because my throat suddenly feels raw from screaming. Suddenly Celeste turns the corner, "GOD AMERICA! CAN'T YOU EVER STOP, EVERYONE GETS IT YOUR HIS FAVORITE, STOP BEING SUCH A BITCH ABOUT IT AND SHOWING IT OFF!" She screams. I’m taken back but I can't process her words because all my mind is saying is, I’m his favorite?! I honestly don't know why I am so surprised I just thought since he might actually get the idea I DON'T want to WIN, probably cause... Oh I don't know... I DON'T!!!!

I slowly back away from the irritated Celeste that stands in front of me. I let out a breath. I needed to find Maxon and stop him from doing this. I hurry down t rest of t hallway. I feel like I’m cheating in having such a big advantage in it.

I start to quicken my pace again, I throw myself around the corner. I bump into someone and fall to the ground, I hear a person’s voice, "Oh America, I'm terribly sorry let me help you up." I see a hand and I reach for it, it just happened to be Maxon, he pulls me up off the ground.

I brush some dust off of the dress and look up at him, "I need to talk to you." We both say at the same time. I take a breath, that was awkward, "So... What did you want to...?” We say again in unison, "STOP!" We yell at each other, "Seriously this is getting annoying!" We both yell. 'Ugh."  Both of us sigh. I burst out laughing and so does he.

Finally we get a grip and he points to me, "You first." I nod. "Well... I thought about a lot of what you said you would do to keep me alive and then I realized, I have a huge advantage, and it’s not fair to other girls, especially ones who WANT to win." There’s something in his eyes that indicate he was hurt. I try to think back about what I said that might have offended or hurt him at all, then it hit me. I told him basically that I'd rather die than marry him. "Maxon I-" I start to say but he cuts me off, "Never mind it's fine, if you don't want help I will respect that, but something' I can choose, and I really don't want you to die, so I will help you when you need it." I think about this, when will I need it? Maybe when I'm starving.... I look up and Maxon is leaving the hallway.

I am about to follow him when I hear a smashing sound. I wait a few seconds then peek m head into the hallway maxon had just walked through. He smashed a vase from a table on the side of the hallway against the wall, the pieces are slowly rocking back and forth from the impact. I cup a hand over my mouth. "What have I done?" I question myself. I am worried, will he be so enraged that he will because the other girls to die in 'accidents' like a land slide or a hurricane? I quickly shake the thought out of my head, That's what I get for showing emotion to him, I showed maybe a little bit, I’m not sure if I even felt anything for him.

I sigh and walk out of the hallway and bump into Marlee. "Oops! Sorry America, I had no idea you were walking there! My bad, hey so I have the craziest story.... Wait America are you okay, you seem pale, and upset..." I hesitate, I gulp and my hands get sweaty, "I-I- yeah I'm totally fine, why wouldn't I be? Hahahah...." I begin to laugh awkwardly, she puts a hand on my shoulder, "You don't have to lie to me, I'm your friend, and do you want to talk about this in my room?" I look up and nod.

We walk down the long winding hallways and finally reach her room. We walk in and luckily her maids aren't here. I let my knees buckle and I burst into tears Marlee gasps and rushes to my side and helps me up and sits me don on the bed, she lets me cry into her shoulder I cry for what seems like hours, as she strokes my hair and comforts me. I sit up and wipe the tears away, "Okay..." my voice comes out raw and scratchy, "well lately Maxon has been trying to give me every advantage he can to win this thing and he doesn't understand I don't want to win, and I told him and he took it like I would rather die than marry him... and....and..." Marlee quiets me then asks a question I never asked myself, "Well would you rather die than marry him?"

I sit up "I-I- I don't know..." I say. She smiles at me, "Well I guess you will have to find out." I look at her questionably, "How?" I ask. She shrugs, "When the time comes you should know." I smile at her, "Marlee, you are the best I love you so much. You need to win this thing." She grins, "I really don't think I want to kill though mean, I defiantly don't have it in me... So I don't think that will work." I pat her on the shoulder, "well we will know when the time comes. So anyway, what was so funny that you had to tell me?"

She bounces with joy, "OH, MERICA YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE! CELESTE WAS EXTREMELY MAD FOR SOME REASON AND THEN SHE STORMED INTO THE DINING HALL AND SHE DIDNT SEE THE CAUTION WET FLOOR SIGN AND SHE COMPLETLY FACE PLANTED!!! HER NOSE STARTED BLEEDING AND WE THINK SHE BROKE IT! NOT THAT THAT’S A GOOD THING BUT.... I thought since she was so evil it was funny." I smile, "and you were right." I say then burst out laughing. Marlee and I sit on the bed laughing our heads off then I realize, this is my last day before training for a week... Then.... The games begin......

SORRY ITS BEEN SO LONG SINCE I HAVE UPDATED FORGIVE ME, BUT SERIOUSLY IT IS HARD COMING UP WITH 5 DIFFERENT STORY CASINARIOUS FOR MY 5 OTHER BOOKS THEN WRITING IT ALL IN A WEEK, I AM A PERSON TOO AND I DO HAVE A LIFE, I AM SO BUSY WITH HOMEWORK AND FINALS TOO BUT ANY WAY.......PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK SO FAR!!!!!!