the date

Hope you like it so far and sorry its been a while for this update!

chapter 5

I woke up with a cringe in my neck. I looked over and saw then time, 11:42 I read. I threw the covers off of me. I looked up, my maids were in the room, they looked startled. "What's wrong Lady America?" I literally jumped on them, I have a date with Maxon at noon!" I screamed. They imeadietly sprung into action. Mary started with hair at the same time the Lucy did my make up and Anne put on my dress. within 15 minutes they were done, I looked amazing for being in hair and makeup for a few minutes.

Then Anne clapped her hands taking me out of my trance, "Lady America, you best be on your way!" I gasped, "Your right!" I gave a quick curtsy then raced out of the room, I was going t be late if I didn't hurry, I ran down the stairs hoping 'd make it on time, I ran down stair after stair, tripping a little as I went.

I ran out into the garden, he sun was bright and it kissed my skin, I was so happy I was in a short sleeve fiery sun dress. I started to walk knowing I just made it within seconds, I sat don on the nearest bench. I looked around the garden, where was Maxon, he ran out into the garden with a white tee-shirt on with fancy polyester pants, he had a tie loose around his neck, and his hair was ruffled, he was walking in a fast pace, he looked like a wreck, did he wake up late too? He spotted me and he looked embarrassed.

He came over to me and he fiddled with his thumbs, I stifled a giggle. He spoke to me then, "Sorry someone locked my door... and I spent all morning trying to get open and when I couldn't I had to climb off the balcony and um, well um my jacket fell off and got stuck on a vine then I fell and yeah that was my morning..." He said I couldn't hold it in anymore, I laughed so hard, "whoa! You must have been eager..." he closed his eyes and smiled nodding his head, "Yeah." he said.

I laughed, he was surprisingly relatable to me, and it seemed normal in a way to talk with him. He was still a mess though... And I wondered who would lock his door? But I guess that doesn't matter as long as he's here... I stared up at him, he was now feet from me, he stared at me and smiled, it was now a little awkward. "So, want to take a walk around?" He asked. I nodded, he held out his arm. I took it great fully. We walked around the garden and I saw the most beautiful flowers. They were bright purple irises.

Maxon caught me eyeing them and he picked a dozen for me. He handed me them and then gave me his arm again. We continued to walk and no one said a word until we reached a beautiful crystal clear water fall. I leaned forward against the iron railing, I could see all the fish and frogs and plants, the fish popped out like confetti in a all white room. It was beautiful, "Wow." I said he put his arm around me hesitantly. I snuggled in a little to help him make it feel little more natural.

I stared at the waterfall then at the pond at the bottom, the water was beautiful. "So, I wanted to know... What's it like, ya know in district 5?" I looked up from the pond and into his eyes, "Well," I said thinking about it, "It's not the richest district... And we just entertain people with the arts like painting, singing, and acting... But it's better than being janitor for seven, or on the streets like eights..." I thought about what else to say as I looked back at the pond, "We don't always get enough food to feed our families. But it's okay because my family just does double the work that week..." I was going to continue, but I looked up and saw his eyes. He looked a little hurt and sad.

"America? Have you ever starved at all?" He asked.I rubbed my shoulder and turned to not look at him, "America. Please, I don't know what it's like in the real world, they have locked me up here and now I will never know what its like." He turned me to face him. "Yes." I mumbled under my breathe, and he looked at me and asked another question, "It's worse in six, seven and eight isn't it?" He asked. I nodded.

"Maxon can we please change topics, I really don't feel comfortable making you upset..." He nodded, "Sure, okay... So what do you want to talk about?" I thought about this until I finally got my answer, "You." I said, He looked surprised, "Me?' he asked then gestured to himself, I laughed a little, "who else is out here?!" He nodded, "Okay, where to start, um... I basically don't have that interesting of story, I just have lived here my whole life, and I still go to school, I have a teacher for each subject, and like you I was thrown into this selection games thing and i'd save every girl if I could." He said.

Then he looked toward the sky, "Wow." I said, he looked back at me, "Wow what?" I shook my head a little, "it's just, I use to think that people who were rich had no heart or soul, but you... your different." I said, he smiled at me, "different is good." He said then gazed back up at the sky, smiling brightly, "yeah," I whispered under my breath, "Different is good." Then I gazed up at the sky and let the sun kiss my skin.

Yet again sorry for the long time til the update I will try to update this one faster.... Anyway, tell me what you think!