Chapter 12 - And Then There Were Three...

Don't forget to check out the cover for 'A Not So Ordinary Boy' --------->

So if you're here you've made it to the final chapter, thanks for following, the journey’s been great! Don't forget to keep looking out for 'A Not So Ordinary Boy' it's Jacob's story :)

Chapter 12 - And Then There Were Three...

"Dad," I muttered.

I couldn't believe my eyes even after I had already known the truth I was still shocked. I gazed at him in amazement, it was real. He was really there. I had spent so much time over the past year praying that I would see my dad again and at last my prayers had been answered.

“Do you think you have power over me, you pathetic Miricos?” She said as she began laughing and tightening her grip on my neck.

I began to feel sick.

“It has already been written that we will destroy you. When three become one”. He said staring into her eyes.

“Not if one of the three is dead!” She screamed as she looked into my eyes, blowing her icy cold breath in my face.

Then suddenly I watched as his body disappeared as it was replaced by a cloud of smoke. It was amazing. As I dangled in the air about to face death in the face I wondered if I too possessed this power. Suddenly the smoke engulfed me and released me from Jenny's grasp. It happened so fast that if I had blinked I would have missed it. Steve, Jacob and I now stood facing her. I was no longer afraid with him and Jacob there. I felt a sudden strength come over me, a strength that I never even knew existed. She began to shake as if she were about to explode and then before our very eyes she multiplied. We were now faced with ten cackling Jennys all looking at us with their evil red eyes.

"Hold my hand," I heard dad say.

I could hear his thoughts too. I wasn't sure how this would help but it wasn't the time for questions. My hand instinctively slipped into Jacob's as well. Something started to happen. I could hear a mix of voices and sounds. Suddenly I could see everything, Jacob's memories, mine and my dad's. I saw an image of him playing with me when I was a little girl in the garden on a sunny day, it was so vivid and real I felt as though I could literally step into it. I kept hearing the words 'when three become one' go round in my head. The noise was loud and I began to lose focus, my skin felt as if it was being ripped apart. My bones snapped as they were being reconstructed and I felt my body mould into a new shape. I fell to the ground, I was in agony!

Suddenly it was silent, completely and utterly silent. I slowly opened my eyes and looked up. The sky was a beautiful shade of blue. The sun sat in the sky so perfectly. I could feel the warmth of the sun as it blanketed my pale skin, it felt so beautiful. I stood up, where was I? This was no longer my front garden or my road. I was somewhere else, somewhere beautiful. I looked around and no one was there, no Jacob, no dad, no Jenny, nobody...

I was lost and confused, was I dreaming I asked myself, could something so real be a dream? I could hear a faint but clear voice calling my name.

"Abby".

I walked towards the voice. As I walked I realised that I recognised everything and everywhere. I was in my own mind, everything I could see were the things I had imagined when I was scared or down, things that made me feel safe. In front of me stood a door I walked towards it, hesitated and then slowly twisted the handle. 

I was back outside of my mind and back to reality. I could see the 10 Jenny's once again stood growling at me but something was still different. Jacob and my Dad were gone, they were nowhere to be seen. Suddenly I heard voices.