Chapter 9 - A Lost Girl...

Don't forget to check out the trailer and the Koki'o flower --------->

If you've made it this far wow thanks for the support and I hope that you are still enjoying Abby's journey! Please keep voting and commenting if you enjoy what you read, thanks :)

Chapter 9 - A Lost Girl...

As I began to walk in the direction that the voice had told me I started to think about my life before Jacob. Before I had met him my life was mundane, lonely and somewhat empty. It was crazy to think that even though all of these strange things were happening this was the most comfort I had felt in my entire life. I always knew that I didn’t quite fit in and in the mist of all of this drama there was somehow a feeling of peace.

Suddenly I came to a dead end. As I stared in front of me I wondered what I was supposed to do next. I was frustrated, I looked down at my watch, I had been walking for forty minutes and yet I had gotten nowhere.

“What now?” I shouted up to a voice whose owner I didn’t even know. I listened and nothing. I was tired and frustrated. Was this some sort of game? Was I really following a voice that I could only hear in my head? Perhaps I had finally gone crazy I told myself.

“Come on, give me something,” I pleaded.

Suddenly I heard a rustling noise coming from a bush in front of me. I cautiously made my way over to where I had heard the noise. As I walked forward and looked at the bush in front of me, I gasped.

I couldn’t believe my eyes. There in front of me were dozens of koki’o flowers.

How was this possible?

Was everything in my life designed to lead to this moment?

As my fingers touched their red petals I smiled. They were silky smooth beneath my finger tips and they smelt beautifully fresh.

I began to smile as I remembered my father’s story. Every night before I would go to bed my dad would tell me a story. He would describe everything in the story with such beautiful description that it was as if I had seen it all before. I remembered how he had described the koki’o flowers from the story. They even smelt how I had imagined them to smell. It was surreal. The story was about a lost girl who went on a beautiful journey until she had found her way home. My dad would always stop the story as she reached her front door, he said that one day I would understand what lay behind the front door but it was something that I would have to discover myself. My 9 year old self hadn’t quite understood what he had meant back then but something tells me that I soon will.

As I moved closer to the flowers, the ground beneath me suddenly disappeared. I began to fall. I screamed. My hand managed to grab the koki’o bush but I wasn’t sure how much longer I could hold on for. Tears began to stream down my face as I quickly started taking in my situation. My eyes shifted to the hole that I was now dangling above. I couldn’t see the bottom it was just a pit of darkness. I tried to find a place for my feet as I felt my hand slipping. My attempt to lift myself up failed.

Suddenly I heard a voice.

“Let go,” it whispered.

No! I thought as I looked down at the hole again. There must be another way, this couldn’t be it. If it were trying to help me then why would it say to let go.

“No!” I screamed. “There must be another way!” I pleaded as I heard parts of the bush ripping from the ground. My weight was too much for it to hold.

“You must trust yourself Abby,” the voice whispered.

I looked up at the bush and down below me again. As I stared up at my hand as it held the bush full of exotic flowers I remembered my dad’s story once again and then without hesitation, I let go.