Page twenyt-nine

"Get away from her!" I heard two voices shout and the sound of running feet. I turned to see Hunter and Rose running towards me. Hunter was in the process of removing as much clothes as he could. His skin began to crawl and his bones began to break into the shape of a wolf. He let out a howl of pain then lunged forward at Emmett. A flurry of fur and bodies began to fly by and I could hardly tell which one was which. They were just a ball of fur rolling around, going too fast for me to recognize which one was which. The sound of growls and snarls filled the air and I just watched in horror. I wanted to step in but Rose was pulling me away.

"Stop it!" I heard another voice chime in and more footsteps crunching in the snow. I turned to see Daniel running with five other people from our pack all of them quickly shifting into a wolf. Daniel looked over at me. "This is all your fault."

My heart sunk, it was all my fault. Everyone had a right to be mad at me, I was the one at fault. Even those things said I was at fault. I needed to leave, even though Emmett told me he loved me I had to get my head out of the clouds and back into reality. We can't fix something like this. I would leave tonight.

"C'mon Luna, lets go," Rose pulled me away from the fight that was still happening before us. I followed Rose away, the sound of snarls and whimpers followed along with us.

"Rose I have to leave the pack." I couldn't look up at her I just stared at my feet as we continued to walk.

"I know," she sighed and squeezed my hand. "I'm so sorry Luna." She sniffled as her voice began to crack.

"I think I'll leave tonight." I had to leave, I couldn't prolong it anymore.

"Please don't, I don't want you to leave," Rose pulled me to her and wrapped her slender arms around me. "You're my best friend, I don't want you gone." She nuzzled her tear soaked face onto my shoulder.

"I sorry," I hugged her back. There was nothing else I could say. I detangled myself from her and began to run back to my room I took one last glance at my friend and saw an eerie smile spread across Roses face that sent a shiver down my spine. But in a split second it was gone and replaced by sobbing. I shook my head, my mind was all jumbled up and my emotions were all twisted up. I couldn't think I could hardly breath.

My life was a complete mess all because of some stupid fate that was out of my control. I stopped to catch my breath, I couldn't breath I couldn't think. I leaned against one of the trees and began to cry. My legs gave way and I slid down onto the sparkling white blanket of snow that covered the ground. What was I going to do? Where was I going to go? I brought my knees to my chest and began to sob some more. I was so confused and emotionally drained. I felt weak.

I didn't even want to reach out to my wolf who I could hear persistently calling for me. She wanted to talk but all I want was her out of my body, I didn't want to be a host for her stupid wolf spirit. I didn't want anything to do with her! My whole life is screwed up because of those stupid wolf spirits that need our protection!

'Luna calm down, please we can work through this.'

No we can't! I snapped back.
Just leave me alone! I don't want this, I don't want to hurt anymore. A fresh stream of tears began pouring out of my eyes.

"Luna!" I heard someone call out, "Luna please! Where are you? Rose told me you were leaving!"
It was Hunter. I remained silent, I didn't want to be found by him all I wanted was Emmett, as screwed up as that seems.

"Hunter stop! She's gone."

"She wasn't suppose to leave that's not what we talked about Rose!" I heard Hunter growl.

I held my breath, my stomach began to churn as I listened intently. My heart was beating a million miles an hour. Could Rose have done anything to make me want to leave?

"She isn't safe here anyways, she has to leave. It's got her own safety. I mean those Fey things will not stop attacking until she is gone and away from Emmett."

My heart began to go at a normal pace, for a second there I thought Rose had sabotaged my relationship with Emmett or something crazy like that. How could I honestly think so terribly of Rose? One of the sweetest most kindhearted people I know! However she did have that creepy smile plastered across her face. I'm sure that was just my imagination though. I gave a sigh of relief and wiped the tears from my eyes. I needed to get back to the house but my legs still felt to weak to carry me. I guess I could stay here for the night.

Hunter and Rose voice had disappeared into the night and all that could be heard was the soft whistle of the wind rustling through the tree.