Page sixteen

Five days had already passed. Five days I have had to lay here on this overly soft mattress that still felt cold against my back. My wolf form was retracting making me appear more normal, I still had the muzzle. Lucky me.

"I think it's about time you go retrieve your wolf, she should be healed by now," Hunter smiled his beautiful lips spread with ease. He had been watching me become normal. "You are starting to look cute again," he laughed.

"I-I th-thought I was always cu-cute," I stuttered pouting slightly. Words were extremely difficult when you don't have full control over your lips.

"I lied you looked terrible before," he laughed loudly and slap my thigh playfully. "But now the monster is leaving so that we may gaze upon the beautiful maiden once more," he stared into my eyes his green eyes were like pools of emeralds his soft pink lips still stretched in a smile as always he ran his fingers through his blond locks. He looked like something out of a fairytale. The Prince Charming, rescuing his princess from monsters.

I sighed softly, There was still shooting pains throughout my body, they would come and go but when then came they sent my mind into the dark insanity that made me view this world in much darker light. The side affect of the poison was hallucinations, I often was transported into my darkest of nightmares.

"Anymore of the hallucinations?" Hunter raised his perfectly sculpted eye brow probably noticing the sweat that was beading on the top of my forehead.

"No-t since l-last night," I swallowed hard, I can't wait to have normal lips.

"Luna go get your wolf, she can help you now."

I nodded, I wanted to speak to my wolf but I was afraid I wouldn't find her, I was afraid that if I called for her only silence would answer.

"I'll leave if you like Luna," Hunter whispered holding my hand and giving it a soft squeeze. He was the only one who was here through the horrifying process. No one visited me-my request- I wished that Emmett would have disobeyed my instructions and refused to leave my side. That never happened but I really wish it did. Hunter detangled his hand from my mine and left me in the medical room. I looked around at the grey walls and felt the depression sink in, the color dampening my mood.

Focus Luna, I closed my eyes shut and blocked out the real world and traveled inside my mind. I wonder where I'll find her. I gulped and let myself be transported to where ever my wolf was.

Luna, I called out. That's what you said your name was. I gulped and floated down to a forest. Instead of the blanket of snow covering the ground a thick blanket green grass sprung freely with little flowers popping up everywhere. The sun pushed through the dense curtain of green leaves held high by the strong trunks of trees. It was so real, I bent down to touch the grass but was met by air.

Oh right everything is not real here.

"It's the spirit world, you are just a guest here." I heard a voice break through the chirps of the birds. I snapped my head in the direction of the voice there stood my wolf she was skinny, her fur was tangled she didn't look merely as majestic as she did the night of my birthday. She looked solid like a real wolf only much bigger.

"I'm so sorry I did this to you,"I whispered.

"You have healed nicely," my wolf whimpered slightly. She seemed to prance over to me, "I told you not to shift Luna, I picked a stupid human," she groaned.

"I was mad," I looked away from her. I had so many questions to ask her but I bit my tongue.

"He was rejecting us," my wolf huffed up and blew out some air in annoyance she dug her claws into the fresh green grass.

"He can't, we didn't even connect. He....he can't just reject us." I bit my lip.

"It's your stupid elder rules! We are meant to be together, we have always been together." She began to rant and paced back and forward howling in anger. "Something went wrong."

I watched her know utter confusion. I didn't understand anything. "Please explain."

Luna looked over at me stopping in her tracks. "Emmett his wolf spirit, Lun, that's his name. He picked Emmett who was an alpha breed black fur, I had all but forgotten about that stupid rule. And I saw you, how perfect you were. You were like her. I wanted you."

"Who is her?" I shook my head in confusion. "You are making no sense, Luna I-I don't understand anything."

"Luna, you and I," the wolf shook her head. "We are two perfect souls, you aren't a shell. You and I are something who will be attached to me forever."

"Like the elders?" I cocked my head to the side. The elders wolves stayed with them for a long time, some people say that Zark is actually 400 years old but has the face of a 40 year old.

"Not like the elders. Your spirit is just too beautiful for me to let go, there is a reason we share the same name." She shook her head again. "But enough of that, we must get back we've been here for awhile."

"Wait no I have so many questions," I wasn't done, nothing had been answered. Only more questions had been formed.

"We should thank that dress maker," Luna seemed to smile, but before I could respond I was pushed out of the forest and into the real world. So many question festered in my mind. I looked around the dark grey room and noticed Emmett sleeping on the floor. My heart fluttered, my Emmett.