Page four

I just stood there dumbstruck, I have no idea what just happened. I looked over at Chloe who was sobbing silently.
I cleared my throat. "Where is your mate Chloe?" It didn't make sense how he could not be with her right now. She must be setting off some pretty violent energy. Her mate should be here right now.
She looked up at me her lip quivering slightly. "He was poisoned with wolfsbane. He is with the healer." She wiped at her face. I stood there silently, this girl was going to lose everything. There was a good chance that her mate wouldn't make it. Leaving her without a mate and unable to ever have another pup. "I am sorry for causing you pain." With that she turned on her heels and walked away still whimpering. She still held her dead pup close to her. The pups fur was coated in his own blood but underneath it was a soft chocolate brown color. I let out a shaky breath, I never want to be in her situation.
I pushed back my hair and bit at my lip. What did I come here for again? I tried to wrack my brain but came up with nothing. My mind was still swimming with what had just transpired. I mentally shook myself.
"Luna?" Rose skipped down the stairs and stared at me biting her lip slightly. "I-I got worried, can you not find your iPod?" I smiled and let out a fake laugh.
"I just forgot why I came down here is all. You know me," I laughed again. It wasn't technically a lie, I just didn't need Rose to worry about me or get involved in the situation at hand. Some thing was going on with Emmett and it now mission to find out what it is.
"Hey," Rose giggled "I found it," she lightly picked up and examined it. She wrinkled her nose as droplets of blood ran down the device and splattered onto the floor. I sighed and walked over to her taking it from her hand and wiping off the blood onto my bare leg. "C'mon Rose let's go back to my room."
She scrunched up her face. "You are gross Luna." I just giggled and punched her arm playfully she whined slightly. We went back to the flight of stairs that led to my room my body screamed at me the whole time. I think I'm going to kill Daniel, if Emmett doesn't get to him first.
What is going on with him, if his actions don't get under control soon he is going to be removed from the pack. Maybe he is stressed because he now 19 and he still does not have a mate? I feel like I'm just making an excuse for him but Alpha's usually find their mate sooner then any other wolf. A mated Alpha makes the pack stronger. Everyone knows that but why hasn't he found his?
"Earth to Luna," Rose snapped me out of my obsessive thoughts of Emmett. I stared her blankly as she sighed. "You didn't even hear a word I said." She looked at me with big sad eyes.
"Sorry Rose," I smiled sheepishly. "What were you saying?"
"I was talking about your eighteenth birthday, who are we going to invite? Where will we have it. Oh!" Rose began to clap excitedly I furrowed my brows.
"We can invite that cute guy from gym. You know the tall dashing one with the baby blue eyes and long beautiful locks of midnight hair." She swooned.
"Sure invite him." I looked out the window letting her babble on. The day was now at an end. The sky now covered in a dark sheet. In a few days I will be eighteen, maybe I will find my mate and then he can protect me from all this craziness. Not that I would ever actually allow a guy to be my protector but still, It'd be nice if I had someone with me.