Control, Contain, Vision and Good Bye (Edited)

Five Years Later

“Where is she? Has anyone seen Dita”, a frantic Gabe runs into the house.

As one Will, John, Kurt and Jace stood, “Really…..you lost her again Gabe?”

“No! That was only one time……one time Will and you never let me forget it!” Gabe yells.

"Is that so?.......Then why are you asking where she is?”, asked Jace with his arms crossed.

“From the looks of it. You look all winded and out of breath. Which means …….Oh man….she out ran you again didn’t she?” chuckled Kurt.

“No…..she didn’t…..she out ran me, Jim and Jayden. Thank you very much” Gabe pouted.

As one they laughed at Gabes expense. When Jim and Jayden slammed into his back looking just as winded. They roared even louder.

“I swear Gabe the funniest shit happens on your watch”, taunts Will. Wiping his eyes he clears his throat.

“Ok, so tell us how did you….I mean….how did she lose…..the three of you since you didn’t lose…her?” asked Will.

Breathless Jayden answers, “We were training and then she asked for the time and took off running. We ran after her.”

“She is fast…..I mean supper fast…..Will…..you and Gabe are fast, but dam that little lady can run” Jim answers between breaths.

SMACK! “Really…….Why did you smack me? Why me and no one else, Will?” whined Gabe.

Looking at his brother Will answers, “First, you were in charge. Second, I might accidently snap their heads off. Third, I think it’s funny, but the real reason is you forgot.”

“What does that even mean, Will?......I got smacked cause I forgot?” Gabe was completely confused.

Calmly Will asks, “What day is it?”

“Um…….Sunday?” Gabe answered questioningly

With a nod Will asks, “What time is it?”

Looking at the clock Gabe answers, “Ah….it’s 2:30 in the afternoon”

Scratching his head Gabe looks at his brother. Wills left eye slowly begins to twitch which isn’t a good sign. Think…..think..…shit I should know this. Sunday….Sunday….dam I got nothing. His stomach begins to grumble reminding him of how hungry he is. Unable to stay focused he thinks of food. Hungry…..food….yummy….goodness…..WAIT! That’s it!

“She went to old Mrs. Dawsons home for her weekly baking lesson” Gabe announces with a smile.

SMACK! “Don’t you dare whine Gabe….you know darn well if your dam belly wasn’t hungry you wouldn’t of remembered.” Will says as he heads towards the kitchen.

Mrs. Dawson is an elderly women live down the road. Three years ago Dita had come across an aroma that made her mouth water and her tummy rumble. Being curious she followed the enticing smell. This was during the time she had chosen to remained in her pup form. Her sense of smell had led her to old Mrs. Dawson home. She had nearly given the old lady a heart attack. Dita had shifted into her human form standing naked with her face pressed up against the glass kitchen door. She was drooling over the freshly baked goodies she could see.

There was lots of explaining to do considering a naked child was found wondering the neighborhood. Needless to say the woman took her in as her own grandchild. Taught her how to be a little lady, with manners and etiquette. Now every Sunday after 2PM were their girl time and baking time. No one minded especially when Dita would bring home treats for everyone.