Introductions (Edited)

A small white female wolf pup approaches a rather large black male wolf. A soft voice speaks “Dagon, what will I be learning today?”

Turning his head Dagon replies, “Today, you will learn about Guardians and Elites. Your Guardian is Remi and your Elites are Marcus, Lucius, Antonius, Titus, Quintus, Octavius, Remus, and Claudius.” With each name Dagon shows her an image of each wolf.

Looking into the larger wolfs eyes she asks, “Why do I need them? Why not you?”

Sighing he answers her. “I cannot, because of my role as Alpha Royal. It means I am responsible for the entire werewolf race. My role is protector of all. Each of these individuals will teach you something important. Your guardian will teach you the most important lesson of all.”

With understanding she replies, “Sorry, I did not mean to be selfish.”

Nudging her with his head he replies, “You are far wiser than your age. Everything I have taught you is to protect you. You must always be on guard. When we leave, you must rein in your power. Now let’s begin your lesson.”

She lays down placing her head between your front paws. Slowly the large black wolf lays beside her and placed his head across her shoulder blades.

A Guardian is a wolf who is trusted above all wolves to raise a Royal with no living parents. They have proven themselves to be loyal above all others. These wolves are usually ready to leave this world and have except their fate to die. Of their own free will they must choose to be Guardian. When they do agree a blood oath is made between the Royal and the Guardian. A crown appears on the Guardians forehead signifying their status to other werewolves. Convincing these wolves to be Guardian is not easy. Most have lost their mates or have lived a long life and are content to die. When a Guardian dies all knowledge of the Royal leaves with them. The Royal learns their final lesson from their Guardian.

The Elites are wolves who have shown they are the best and fiercest warriors. Imperial Elites are the select few that are given the task to train the Royals to be physically, mentally and emotionally strong. Only the strongest Royals have more than three Imperial Elites. A blood oath is done between the Imperial Elites and the Guardian. At this time a smaller crown appears on the Elites forehead signifying their status to other werewolves. While the Guardian lives the Imperial Elites abide by the rules set by the Guardian. When the Guardian dies all knowledge of the Royal is erased from their collective minds. At this time the Royal may choose to create a new blood oath with them or free them to return to the Alpha Royal.

As the lesson begins to fade Dagon speaks, “You will meet Remi your Guardian today.”

Curiously she asks, “Why didn’t I meet Remi when I met Billy?”

Lifting his head off of her little shoulders he answers, “When Ulrich Alpha commanded Billy it also was for Remi too. They were both forced to see your memories little one. A Guardian must accept the position freely. Remi needs time to absorb everything you showed them. The title Guardian is first granted to the wolf before given to the human. Even if Billy accepts Remi will have the final say.”

 Looking Dagon in the eyes she nods her head “I’m tired. Can we sleep now?”

With a chuckle Dagon nudges her with his head. Both wolves lay down and close their eyes.

*************************************************

An hour passes before the Elites enter into the living room. Billy raises his eyes to look at the men in front of him. He sits back in his recliner and gestures for them to come closer. Some sit, others stand while one large mammoth decides to lay smack dab in the middle of the floor.