The Vow 5

Chap 5

The sound of the dress tearing echoed in the hallowed halls, stumbling I scrabbled forward my hands reaching in front of me my feet frantically moving forward. Standing as fast as possible I continued running, and almost cried out at the sight of the dead-end I was faced with.

I couldn't believe it, there was just no way, no way. I couldn't be stuck here, there had to be some way to get away. My breathing was fast and erratic as I hit the wall slapping against it with all the force in my body, snapping my head to the side I saw Cain taking small steps toward me-leisurely completely unhurried.

The closer he was the more frantic I got I was attacking the wall searching frantically for an escape. My eyes darted almost like a dragonfly across the surface of still water. Eventually I knew I was caught there was no escape, nothing I could do.

With my back pressed against the wall I slid down until I was on the floor. Before I knew it I was screaming loud and long my head upturned to the ruined ceiling. My cry filled with anger, sadness, fear, and pain; reverberated around us like the voice of a demented demoness.

Stopping not half a foot from me he grabbed my face forcing me to look him in the eye as I turned my head from him. Going down on one knee he crouched in front of me leaning closer as if to kiss me. Instead he placed his lips beside my ear his cool breath on the delicate shell making me shiver.

"You know don't you? Know that I'm not Cain?"

"Of course" my voice was nothing but a shaky whisper.

Pulling back he looked deep into my eyes large, and rimmed with tears. Giving a faint smile he said simply "my name is Nico "

"For now sleep and I'll explain everything when you awake." He said this like a caress as if he was the only one who'd ever speak to me gently, even kindly.

Until I heard that voice I thought I'd understood kindness, this was a voice of pure compassion and for a moment I was so confused my body didn't let me sleep. Then he placed his hands over my eyes and gently closed them, I quickly settled back into the comfortable darkness.

When I awoke I was lying back atop the pew, the same blanket covering me. This time there was no disorientation I remembered everything clearly.

I wasn't really shocked to see Cain...or was it Nico? Sitting beside me watching me.

"Are you ready to explain?" the first words I'd spoken in a long time.

Giving a small nod Nico (?) said "yes though this may take some time, I'd make myself comfortable."

=============================================================================

Mwhahahahahaha

Another cliffy I'd write more tonight but......my bro's actually ENFORCING my bed time...geez.... I promise to update as soon as I can!!

<3 xxNigh101