Chapter 3: Cleverbot Chat

"I got the things you needed, mom." You say as you walk through the front door. Your mom didn't answer, so you looked all over the apartment. She was nowhere to be found.

"She must be out then..." You went into your room, still a bit curious about the computer. Your mom wasn't home at the moment, so why not take the opportunity? You plugged back in the old computer, waiting a few minutes for it to start-up. The same feeling you got earlier returned, but it was stronger. Once again, you simply ignore it. The computer showed the user's name as Phil Walsh.

"What's this doing here? Is this Mr. Walsh's computer?" You inspected his computer for a little, until a browser opened up. You thought it was odd since you currently had no internet.

"Cleverbot?" You said to no one in particular. The bot responded with a simple "Hi.", which you politely answered back. You chatted with the bot for around an hour, but things started getting weird.

CB: What do you think of Phil? "How does this know of Mr. Walsh?" You thought it could possibly be a program that was made for Mr. Walsh and he used it before.

You: He's very nice. He even gave me the stuff my mom sent me to get for free,

CB: ...

You: Cleverbot?

Cleverbot didn't answer, and the computer suddenly decided to shut down by itself. "Huh?" You shook your head, it was probably missing some battery power. "Sweetie, are you back yet?" You heard your mom and dad say from the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'm in my room!" You stood up from the desk chair and went over to greet them. Your mom had gone out with your dad to buy groceries, she said sorry for not telling you.

You giggled, "It's fine, mom."

---

It was late once again. After taking a shower, you started thinking about Cleverbot. You booted up the computer once again, you wanted to talk to it. The program never opened up, so you simply looked through Mr. Walsh's folders. You didn't want to invade his privacy, but he threw this computer away for a reason.

Your eyes scanned the screen, many folders were filled with pictures. Some of these were quite strange to you, and they could possibly cause nightmares. They were also documents. You clicked one open that said; "I'm getting lonely."

Just as you clicked it, the computer started glitching. It froze.

"Oh, come on!" You yelled, frustrated at how annoying the computer was being. After a few frustrated clicks from your mouse, the piece of machine finally responded. You groaned lowly, Blue screen of death, huh? You ignored it, and simply went out of your bedroom. Little did you know that behind that screen someone was watching you exit...