Chapter 9: The Boy Himself

You close your eyes shut, you hear a loud thud, footsteps approach you. A scared expression was on your face. "He came here to kill me, didn't he? He came here to end it all. He can go ahead. He's just going to drive me insane if he doesn't do it sooner." You hear a low chuckle, one that suddenly turns into a loud laugh. You open one eye, seeing a blonde boy having a laughing fit on the floor.

"W-Why are y-you laughing?" You ask. He stops laughing, but remains laying on the carpet. "Your face!" He continues laughing, harder this time. You sit upright, staring at him with a confused face.

"Didn't you come here to kill me?" You ask out of the blue. You were sure he came here to do that. "I was. But I didn't think you were this stupid." BEN says as he stands up. You sigh in relief, but then make a stern face at the insult.

"Yeah, thank you for choosing not to kill me..." You mutter under your breath. You both remain silent for a long time, until BEN decided to speak. "I have an offer for you."

"Which is...?" You ask.

"I won't bother you in any way, if you allow me to stay here and become my slave." Your eyes went wide. This choice was rather hard for you, what would your parents say about this?

"I'm not sure... Does threatening me count in the not annoying me part?" He nodded. You sigh, accepting the offer. You might be living with a demonic glitch now, but at least your life is not on the line anymore.

"Thank you..." You whisper. He raises an eyebrow, confused as to why you thanked him for becoming his slave, but he simply shrugged it off.

---

BEN has been simply staring at you for the past hour, he was examining your body behavior or something like that... Until you saw him smirking. "A-Are you s-staring at my butt?" You ask shyly. He chuckles again, standing up from your desk chair and turning on your PS4. You watch him closely. He wasn't just a psychotic killer, he was a boy inside. A normal one.

A small smile tugged at your lips as you watched him play Tomb Raider. He was skilled at it, He's a good player. "Get me something to eat." BEN said coldly, Ruined it; You thought.

You stood up, exiting your bedroom and making sure to lock the door in case your mother wanted to come in. You rarely saw your father anymore since he was always at work. You grabbed a snack for BEN from the kitchen, and then entered your room again. He takes his snack, not saying anything else. You throw yourself on the bed, watching silently BEN playing.

"Want to play with me?" He asked, not taking his eyes away from the screen. You smiled and nodded, but then you realized you only had one controller since you were used to playing alone.

"I don't have an-" You were cut off by pixels surrounding your hands, taking the shape of another controller. Your smile stretched wider, you sat down next to BEN and played with him for a long time.

"You're good at this, you know. But not better than me." You took that as a challenge, and that's how you both ended up screaming, in attempt to distract each other, alerting your mom.

"Sweetie? Everything alright in here?" She asked curiously, looking around your bedroom. You nodded and giggled. She left, still worried about who you were screaming at.

"She's gone?" BEN asks, poking his head out from the screen. You nod and he smirks, crawling out of the television. He seemed to have gotten stuck, because his leg started glitching and he face-planted the carpet, making you laugh. BEN covered your mouth so your mom wouldn't come back. You both continued with your competition, exchanging a few laughs and playful pushes.

"By the way, I'm sorry I made you go to the hospital..." BEN says. Telling by the tone he used, he was actually sorry.

"It's okay, BEN." You smile at him, "At least you didn't do any permanent damage." He remains silent. "What?" BEN points at your right arm. BEN roughly lifts your right sleeve, bruises were all over your arm. You sigh.

"It's okay. They'll be gone soon." You say calmly, giving BEN a cheeky grin to show him it really was alright. You swear you saw him smile. "Do you have any friends?" You ask BEN, he turns his attention to you.

"Yes, I do. Why?" You wanted to speak, but you shut your own mouth when you noticed you were being friendly with someone who wanted to kill you. And who knows if he's lying about deciding that he doesn't want to do it anymore. "_____?" BEN snaps you out of your endless thoughts.

You just went ahead and spoke; "No reason. Just pretend I never asked."