Introduction

***

The world that is wished for never truly resolves itself. The chaos of this brilliantly cruel life is continuous far beyond the shallow graves of enemies and allies so all that remains of ones time on the planet is reduce to what is written about them. In song, or books, or in small scrolls discovered in bottles washed up on distant lands, the memories of life carry beyond by word.
But those who lived it are not able to correct it.

In the era of A Song of Ice and Fire, two star-crossed lovers began an ill-fated affair with a naivety of young wonder. Exploration discovered while behind curtains as blood was spilled for tortuous secrets that worked its way into the fabric of two lives. House Tyrell once reigned tall, strong, and blooming in the Westerlands of The Reach. Its linage respected with their ability to grow the resources for each house to benefit from, but also the beauty it erected in its landscape and people. West of their lands, Casterly Rock rose above the others as it peered over the vast oceans untraveled at the time. Its gold awarded it status and reverence that led them to victory against their blood-thirsty enemies and brought them to the sacred city of King's and Queen's. House Lannister wept for success even if it meant for the suffering of its own people.

Beneath the fallacies of common word, two souls from the two houses combined in a wondrous secret of a romantic affair. Lady Rose of House Tyrell and Sir Jaime of House Lannister relished in the sacred company of invisible passion before rumors spiraled from little birds to common tongues to knights to the highest of authorities. The consequences of forbidden love destroyed familial relations of two great houses. Two great houses reduced to enemies because of an indescribable force that draws two people together for no reason other than love.

As a new war begins to brew in the North, in the South, in the East, and in the West, fear can do nothing when unknown forces draw two souls back together again.

"The things we do for love."

***

Game of Thrones Fanfiction
Jaime Lannister x Tyrell oc
Seasons 1-8

All rights reserved for all game of thrones content that is canon to George RR Martin and D&D, HBO, and others. I own Rose Tyrell and all original storylines.
Cover by me
Started: May 2017
Completed: May 2019

Story warnings: sexual situations, death, war, injury.

In final editing process - as of March 2021; additions include longer chapters, as much grammatical revisions as possible, and extended story content. If you have read this before, there may be new information added but it is still the story of Rose and Jaime.