Chapter 8

Niall’s POV

I get into the car cheerfully, smiling like an idiot. I had asked for Rachel’s number and she had given it to me.

“Someone’s happy about something” Harry comments looking at me with a grin. I can see Liam frown behind Harry but I ignore it.

“Niall found a girl” Louis sings. I look at Zayn who just raises an eyebrow at me, waiting to see how I react to all this.

“It’s really nothing” I start to protest “All I did was get her number” I was cut off from saying more by the boys starting to cheer.

“Good on ya mate” Harry says slapping me on the back.

“Yea buddy” I say jokingly in response.

We drive back to the hotel and are quickly herded in before any fans might see us. We hadn’t announced that we would be here but you never know. We are quite easily recognized. We get up to our suite without any incidences and I sit down on the couch while the other boys went to change out of their damp clothes. I pull out my phone and text Rachel [I had fun today] I feel my heart race thinking about when she’d text me back. What if she didn’t? What if she hadn’t had fun? My thoughts are alleviated when my phone buzzes [Me to] I quickly pocket my phone when the boys come back out. “So what’s for dinner, I’m starving” I ask.

“Nandos?” Harry asks questionably.

“Sorry boys, no Nandos in America” Paul says shaking his head. My jaw drops. No Nandos? What kind of place was this.

“Nooooo” I cry out slumping even further into the couch.

“Aww poor Niall” Louis says teasingly as he sits beside me putting an arm around me. “How about pizza?” he asks. I nod glumly. Don’t get me wrong, I love pizza. I love all food. But none of that compared to Nandos. This poor country.

We order the pizzas, one per person and then try to figure out what to do while we waited. We couldn’t really go traipsing around outside. Louis and Liam each went to their own respective rooms to call Eleanor and Danielle and Harry decided to go on ChatRoulette to mess with some girls. That left me and Zayn to our own devices.

“So what now?” I ask Zayn as he sits on the couch next to me.

“Now I thought we could talk about this girl of yours” He says. I frown slightly as I look at him.

“Please don’t tell me you’re going to lecture me about this like Daddy Direction did over there” I say nodding back towards Liam’s room.

“No, I’m just worried about you is all. When you fall for a girl, you fall fast and hard. I just don’t want to see you heartbroken. She doesn’t have much time left” He says gently. I nod looking down at my hands. That was basically what Liam had said also. And it wasn’t like I didn’t know all this. I just couldn’t help it. This girl… she was different. Something about the way her eyes shined when she talked, the passion in her voice, the smoothness of her skin… It was just irresistible. I couldn’t even think of the words to convey it.

“I know” I say, my voice choking up. “I just can’t help it” I add looking up at Zayn, his eyes full of pity. He puts a hand on my shoulder giving it a light squeeze.

“Then make the most of every last moment”

*** UPDATE***

I'm well aware there are now Nandos in America. When I wrote this, a year and a half ago, there was only a couple and they were all in the Washington DC metropolitan area. This story doesn't take place there so essentially, there's no Nandos for Niall.