Chapter 10

Niall’s POV

“So what do you want to do first?” I whisper to Rachel as we walk into the store. She wanted to try to get kicked out of walmart like that list said a few years ago. I tried to think back to some of the ways on the list but draw a blank.

“Umm” she says biting her lip as she looks around. “Come on” she says grabbing my arm pulling me to the candy section. “We are going to try to see how many bags we can sneak into one person’s cart before they notice” she says grinning mischeviously.

I laugh at her plan and start grabbing some bags “Who’s the target going to be?” I ask.

“Her” Rachel says pointing at a middle aged woman. She looked pretty strict, wearing a pant suit and with her hair pulled back into a tight bun. She looked very out of place but yet, it was walmart. You saw some pretty odd people here.

“How are we going to get the candy in her cart?” I ask eyeing the lady.

“Watch” Rachel says confidently stacking all but one of her bags of candy ontop of mine. She then walks to the edge of the aisle the lady was down and waits until she was looking at different cereals before she walks down the aisle and bumps into the cart. The lady turns to look at her with a disapproving look on her face and Rachel quickly apologizes for bumping into the cart before hurrying down the aisle. She comes back down the next aisle to where I was standing with a proud grin on her face holding up her hands to show she no longer had the bag with her.

“Impressive” I say with a smile. We then proceeded to take turns sneaking the bags into her cart be it by sneaking it in around the corner, or having one person talk to her while the other put the candy in. I couldn’t believe she hadn’t noticed yet. Finally, after we had put in about 10 bags, we were planning our next drop and heard her notice.

“What is all this?” she exclaims pulling out a few of the bags. I make eye contact with Rachel before we both burst out laughing. The lady, hearing our laughter, turns to look at us. “You” she says menacingly. Still laughing, I grab Rachel’s hand and we race off deeper into the store to get away from the lady.

“I..Can’t…Breathe..” Rachel says gasping for breath in between bursts of laughter as she comes to a halt in the toy section. “My stomach hurts from laughing. Did you see her face?” she asks as the laughter subsides.

I nod chuckling to myself. “She looked like she was going to attack us” I say looking around at the toys on the wall. My eyes fall on a set of foam swords. I grab one swinging back around to face Rachel. “On Guard” I say taking a fencing position and jabbing at her. She lets out a laugh grabbing one off the shelf also and starts defending herself. “Oh my leg” I cry dramatically when her sword hits it. She giggles thrusting the sword at me again this time hitting me in the chest. “My heart” I gasp, my hands covering the ‘wound’ as I drop my sword and stagger a few steps, crashing into the shelf, knocking a few toys off. I drop to my knees reaching a hand out in front of me “I can see the light” I gasp playing it up, before collapsing face down on the ground. “Oh no, what have I done” I hear Rachel say dramatically kneeling beside me. I open my eyes a slit and see her grinning at me. She rolls me onto my back. “I wonder if there is a way to revive him” she says contemplatively. I try to suppress a grin. I felt like the injured hero in all those movies, on the brink of death, and then true love’s kiss keeps them alive. Through the slits in my eyes I can see her moving closer to me. I squeeze my eyes shut so she doesn’t think I know what’s happening. The next thing I know her hands are at my sides tickling me. “Arggh” I yell my eyes flying open as I jump up squirming away from her hands. I look at her in shock to see her laughing on the floor.

“I wish you could have seen your face” she says through bouts of laughter. I glare at her.

“You’re in for it now” I say. Her eyes widen and she lets out a shriek before scrambling up and taking off down the aisle. I chase after her, letting her keep her lead for a little bit but then quickly close in behind her. I grab her waist, my fingers running up and down her sides tickling her.

“No, Niall stop” she pleads while laughing trying to squirm out of my grasp.

“I think it’s time for you to leave” A voice says interrupting us. I stop tickling her and turn to see the manager standing there, his arms crossed over his chest.I look back at Rachel who is biting back a smile.

“I’m sorry for the disturbance” I say putting on my best serious face and taking Rachel’s hand as we walk out the store. I glance back over my shoulder as we walk out and see the manager standing in the doorway to make sure we left.