Chapter 9

I wake up at around 11 the next day, Tuesday, in my bed and don't see Jason. Where'd he go? I kind of expected him not to be here though. I shouldn't be surprised. 

I get up and walk into the bathroom to shower. I feel disgusting since I didn't shower yesterday. I turn the water on and adjust it to my liking. I throw my clothes on the floor and step inside the bathtub. 

The hot water feels good against my tense msucles, relaxing them. I wash my body and when I'm done I step out of the tub, turning off the water. 

I walk to my room and find Jason laying down, on my now made bed, with his eyes closed.

Are you fucken kidding me right now? I think he's asleep so I quietly walk over to my dresser and take out a bra and underwear. I quietly slide the closet doors open and take out a plain red shirt and some black sweats. 

I carry the clothing back to the bathroom and change. When I step out of the bathroom, and walk into my room, Jason's sitting on my bed. 

"I thought you left," I tell him.

"No. I wouldn't leave without telling you," he says, his voice raspy from sleep, and it's the sexiest thing I've ever heard. 

I feel my face getting hot and turn away. "What's wrong?" he asks me, worry in his voice.

"Nothing," I respond, smiling, still avoiding eye contact.

"Look at me then," he pleads. I turn to look at him and he looks gorgeous with his messy black hair. 

He smiles and questions me, "Mind if we hang out today?"

"Not at all," I smile back, shaking my head.

"I was hoping you would agree."

"Were you planing something?" I ask, letting my curiousity get the best of me. 

"I guess you could say that," he smiles looking down.

"Is it gonna be just like messing around or are we going somewhere fancy? I need to know so I can change out of these clothes," I gesture to my clothes. 

"You don't have to change. You look fine."

"No I don't. Let me get ready, it'll only be 15 minutes."

"Fine," he whines walking out of my room.

I go to my closet, grab a pair of jeans and my red converse. I slide my jeans on and put my converse on after sliding my socks on. I quickly put my hair into a pony tail, grab my phone and keys. 

"Let's go Jason." He looks me up and down and I can't help but blush. I look down, and I know he notices, but he stays quiet. 

We start walking to, well I really don't know where but we're walking somewhere.

"Jason," I being, "don't your parents get you in trouble for skipping school or not being home?" 

He looks down and I can tell I shouldn't have asked that. He takes a deep breath before answering. "Umm, my mother passed away a long time ago so it's only my father and I. He well, he doesn't really take care of me.." He looks up at me and I can tell he's asking if he can trust me.

"You can trust me Jason. I won't judge you or anything. I promise," I answer his thoughts.

"Okay. We're here," he tells me. I look at where we're at and notice it's the same park I was at yesterday. I stop in my tracks in shock. 

"Did you bring my here on purpose?"

"Is this the park you were talking about yesterday?"

"Yes I was, Jason. I don't want to be here. Let's go," I plead him. 

"Em, I can make those memories disappear. Just let me..let me help you." He places his large hand on my cheek, rubbing circles with his thumb.

"You can't erase those memories Jason. Those will always be a part of me, and I will never be able to forget them." I look into his eyes, pleading for him to stop.

He doesn't seem to understand and pushes it. "We can make new memories here. Good memories. Something that will help you forget those bad ones."

"No. Let's go," I demand. I move from his touch and start walking away from the park. He doesn't pull me back, but he does catch up to me.

"I'm sorry," he stands in front of me, forcing me to stop. 

"Just let it go," I reply. He doesn't say anything. We walk to a In-N-Out and I pay for our meals.

"You really have to stop buying me stuff," he tells me, biting his burger.

"I'll stop when I know you have money."

He looks down at the table, and I know I shouldn't have said that. 

Gosh dammit Emma. You don't know how to keep your mouth shut do you? 

I blurt out without thinking, "Why don't you ever carry money?"

Fucken hell. Shut up already Emma! 

"I don't carry money 'cause my dad pays the bills, and whatever he has left, he wastes it on drugs or alcohol. He never gives me anything." He keeps eating and I can't help but feel bad for him. He probably doesn't want me to feel bad or give him pity, so I don't. 

"Oh," is all I say.

"I can tell you all about home if you'd like. It looks like you want more information," he smiles.

"You don't have to. I'm not gonna lie though, I do want to know more about you." I think back to when he saw my life and hope he tells me what that was all about. 

He finishes his burger, drinks some soda and begins, "Well I remember when my mom died my father was devastated and so was I. He became an alcoholic, and later drugs became 'popular' I guess, I don't know. So he found a guy who sold drugs and he would smoke and snort cocaine all the time. Well now he doesn't snort, but he does smoke a lot of pot. And that is why I never have money, because he's a fucken alcoholic and a pot head. I'm lucky he buys me clothes once in a while. These clothes," he gestures, "I've had 'em for about a year. I don't know how they don't fade and look all old, but I've had 'em for a year."

"Wow," is all I manage to say.

"Yup. Are you gonna finish eating?" He takes a frie and eats it as I nod. 

When I'm done eating we go back to my apartment.

We both sit on the large couch and he asks me, "What about you. What happened to you, and how do you have money anyway?"

"You should know what happened to me Jason," I remark.

"We're going back to that Emma?" he raises an eyebrow. 

"I'm sorry if it bothers you, but I need an answer. How did you do that Jason?"

He laughs. "What the hell are you laughing about Jason?" I raise my voice. 

"You need to chill out Emma. That never happened. I think you just dreamt that or something 'cause I never 'read' you. Okay?"

"Stop with the bullshit Jason!" I stand from the couch and yell at him.

He stands and raises his voice as well, "I'm not telling you what that was because then you'll leave me and tell me shit just like every other person has! I don't want to go through the same thing again Emma!"

"I'm not going to leave you Jason. I'm not going to tell you crap or anything. Nothing's gonna change," I say my voice calm. "What are you?"

-----------------------------------

Random update! haha 

Comment, vote & share this story c: thanks