Chapter 2

Second period goes by fast. I have History next. I don't want to go to History at all. I'll probably end up falling asleep anyway so I'll just go to my apartment and call it a day. 

Once the bell rings I pack my stuff and head out the door. 

"Emma hold up!" someone calls behind me. It sounds like Jason. As soon as I turn around he's facing me. He's starting to get on my nerves. Hopefully he doesn't. 

"What's up Jason?" I ask. 

"I was wondering if you could help me find my classes today since you're the only person I know so far."

Ugh, I don't wanna stay for the rest of the day. "Yea sure. I guess," I respond. 

"You don't have to, I was just asking."

"No it's fine. Let's go before the tardy bell rings." We start walking and I ask, "What class do you have right now?"

"I got P.E. Know where the gym's at?" 

"Yea it's over that way," I say pointing to a large building in the distance, "just go straight then you'll end up making a right. Shouldn't be too hard to find."

"Alright thanks Emma. See ya around." With that, he heads off to the gym as I make my way to History. 

When I'm a couple yards away from the class room, the tardy bell rings. Fucking great. Mrs. Roman steps outside to close the door and I run as fast as I can to make it inside. "Mrs. Roman! Don't close the door," I shout. Thankfully she stops and waits as I get there.

"Why are you tardy Emma?" she asks seriously.

"I was helping the new kid, Jason, find his class," I respond gasping for air. 

"That's very nice of you Emma. Now take a seat so we can begin todays lesson." Mrs. Roman's always been serious and strict at times, but she can also crack some jokes once in a while. I can say she's one of my favorite teachers, despite the fact I hate history. I make my way to my desk and take a seat. 

"Alright class. Take out your notebooks because we're going to take some notes on World War II." I take my notebook out and write down whatever Mrs. Romans writes on the board. 

Half way through the class my phone vibrates. I guess I got a message, but from who? I never text people, so who could possibly be texting me? I'll just wait until class is over. Hopefully it goes by fast because I hate history and I really wanna know who texted me. 

Soon enough the bell rings to go to 5th period. Yup, history's a block period for me instead of Language Arts. It make's no sence but that's how it is. I pack my stuff and head out the door. Wait, what do I have for 5th period? Oh my gosh. Mother fucken P.E's next. I hate P.E. I completely despise it. I rather get ran over by a train than go there. I should just ditch right now so I don't go to P.E.

Before I know it, I'm close to the gym. "Emma?!" someone shouts, from what sounds to be in front of me. It's Jason for sure. Just like I had predicted, he makes his way to me.

"Hey Jason."

"Hey. What do you got now?"

"P.E," I say harsher than I wanted it to sound. 

"Oh," is all he says.

"Yea, but I'm not gonna go. I'm just gonna ditch"

"Mind if I come? I'm in no mood for History."

Did he just ask if he can come with me? I doubt it.

"What'd you say?" I ask confused.

"Can I come with you? Well if that's not a problem.."

"Uhm no. No problem at all. C'mon lets go before the bell rings, if not we'll get caught," I quickly say as I reach for his arm, but he flinches. He stares at me for 2 seconds, and I swear he looked so frightened. I decide to ignore it and tell him to hurry up.

I start to make my way to the gate in the back of the school as Jason follows on my heels. Thankfully the bell hasn't rung yet. Once we're off of school grounds, we stop and are gasping for air. We may have been speed walking, but that shit gets you tired as fuck. As soon as we start breathing normally, I start to walk and Jason catches up.

-----------------------