{2}

Chapter 2

Lily's P.O.V.

My mouth dropped open, if he didn't notice I was staring before he sure as hell noticed now but I couldn't get my face to move.

"Holy fuck!" gasped a girl in front of me. She banged her hand on the desk next to her, trying to get her friend's attention. Of course her eyes never left Michael when she did this and really who could blame her.

I heard a sudden gasp. I figured the girl finally got her friend's attention, not that I would know, she wasn't in my peripheral view as my eyes were still glued to the beautiful boy who was not human and this I was sure of. He started walking towards my direction and I urged my eyes to move. Finally I was able to tear my eyes away and stared at my hands instead, which were in my lap. As if on cue, I heard Michael stop walking, I looked up - I couldn't help it. I wanted to look into those mysterious hazel eyes and run my hands through his brown hair that had so many different shades. He clearly had muscles too and he knew it because he wore a fitted shirt. I was prepared to be taken back all over again; however, I was not prepared for the look on his face.

I have never seen someone look so disgusted in my life. Michael stood, looking at me with his hand covering his mouth and nose - a beautiful hand that could have been carved out of stone. He looked as people do when they smell something so bad that they cover part of their face with their hand and have that look, almost cringing. Well that's exactly how Michael looked and since he was staring..scratch that.. GLARING at me, I came to the conclusion that it must be me that smelt bad.

Ah hell, I probably forgot to put on deodorant.

Michael's P.O.V.

What the HELL is wrong with this girl's blood! I need to get as far away from her as possible!

I turned around, graceful as always, and walked to the furthest empty seat. What's wrong with that girl? I've never smelt anything like her before - and thank god for that! I could of continued my very long life without EVER having to smell THAT!

I heard girls whispering around me, "Oh he's so hot," how original. I rolled my eyes. "I would do him in a heartbeat," that one made me chuckle. Years and years of being around them and yet it never ceases to amuse me, girls were just so foolish. Well I shouldn't say girls in general, human girls more like. Then again, the boys were even more immature. The real culprit was the age; teenagers were all foolish.

"Okay class, open up Much Ado About Nothing and resume reading quietly. I expect the book to be finished by next week! If it isn't I'm afraid you will find the homework very challenging," the teacher grinned.

*Sigh* I opened my book and read the same line three times; I couldn't stop thinking about that smelly girl. I turned around to get a good look at her and saw that she was intently reading her book. She was quite amusing actually. Her dirty blonde hair fell over her eyes and she flung it away with her free hand, this made it even worse and I could hear her sigh, she fell back in her chair and her long wavy hair landed on her side. She was pretty, nothing compared to vampires but for a human she was damn pretty and just as I thought that she looked up catching me staring at her. I immediately returned to my book, but instead of the book I still saw her eyes. They were huge and so beautiful. I've never seen such a strong blue in all of my life. In fact, they reminded me of the sea.

~Later that day~

Lily's P.O.V

My last class for the day finally ended and I started to make my way towards my locker, all the while thinking about the war back home. I hadn't heard from my father in three week and I was really starting to get worried. He always wrote to me every week, so why hadn't I heard from him? It just didn't make any sense, what if something happened? No, that's not likely. My dad is the KING of the fricking SEA I mean he's extremely powerful. What could possibly hurt him? What if it was mom? What if she was still missing and something happened? Maybe dad was a mess and couldn't bring himself to tell me. NO! Dad was going to find her and stop the war!

My head connected with something - no, not something, someone.

"Oh gosh I'm sorry! I wasn't paying attention to where I was going!" flustered, I looked up to see Jesse, the most wanted boy in the school.

"Oh don't worry about it! I'm fine. You, however, do not look so well. Are you okay? You have a bump on your forehead already!" Jesse exclaimed, examining the bump I got from this morning.

"Oh no that wasn't you," blushing, I continued, "it's from this morning, I sort of had a fight with the stairs and lost," I managed a smile to assure him I was okay even though my incident with him did make the throbbing in my bump come back.

"Oh so I'm not the only one you injured today," he smirked at me.

"I guess not... sorry again," I walked off leaving him, I had never actually spoken to him but I sure as hell wasn't unaware that every girl in the school wanted him and I wasn't up for any drama. I already went through the stage of being "the new girl" and I was finally just Lily. I didn't like so much attention on me because father insisted I stay out of the spotlight so that no one looked too close at me, because if they did they might realize just how different I was.

Loud laughing caught my attention as I finally reached my locker. I turned around looking to see who was laughing so loud.

Michael was cracking up, his eyes switching between Jesse and I, who was still standing there. I suppose he saw the whole thing. He must be laughing at me because no one else was in the hall. What the hell was wrong with him? First he looks at me with disgust then he LAUGHS at me! That's it!