Chapter 16

Rome took me to a large room where there was a large bed in the center. Red curtains hung around it and lanterns hung randomly around the room. There were lyrics written in italian along the wall and off to the side was a table that held what looked like a punch bowl filled with red liquid. Blood. I could tell it was human blood only because of how delicious and appealing it smelled.

"Rome..." I spoke lightly with my back to him.

In less than a second he was at my side with his hand interwoven in mine. "What is it love?" he questioned.

I pulled my hand from his and took a step back. "Do you truly love me?" I asked him.

Rome moved forward and brought his hand gently up to stroke my cheekbone with the back of his hand. "Yes Juliet, why do you ask?"

I brought my hand up and covered his which still rested upon my cheek. For a second I let it linger there before I grasped it and then removed it from my face. Once again I took a step back.

"This is false, if you loved me you wouldn't have forced my hand in marrage and you wouldn't have taken me from my family. If you truly love me proove it and let me go home." I said as I looked firmly into his blue eyes.

I should have seen it coming but when he brought his hand down and struck me across the face I was truly shocked. I let out a moan of pain as his firm hand came in contact with my face and collapsed to the floor. Slowly I brought a shaking hand up to my cheek and then rose my gaze to meet his which was now inches from mine.

I looked into his eyes and saw a monster, where did Rome go? He knocked away my hand and pulled me to my feet before he slammed me up against he wall and pinned me there. Thank goodness I was have immortal because if I was a mere weak human I would probably be bleeding out from internal injuries.

He held my face firmly between his hand while pinning me against the stone with his other and the weight of his body. I wrenched my face out of his grip to avoid looking into his fierce eyes as he began speaking.

"How dare you tell me how be a man." He hissed. "You and your lack for order and obedience ends now do you understand me." He grabbed my face and jerked it back so I was forced to look him in the eyes. "You will look at me when I talk to you dammit!" He barked.

I jumped lightly and began trembling. Suddenly the door opened and there was my new father in law... Felix. "Dinner is in an hour would you like your meal brought to you or-

"Not now I'm busy!" Rome replied

Felix moved a few steps closer "Son is everything under control?" He asked.

Rome released his grip on my and then turned to face his father. "Everything is fine me and my wife-" he looked at me. "-are just having a little talk about who wears the robes in this relationship."

His father chuckled and nodded before he walked off closing the door behind him. Rome then turned to me and smiled as he brushed his thumb along the tender spot that he struck me in.

"After all I am the man, I am rightous and will be treated treated the way a husband should be treated." He let his hand fall down to meet mine and smiled as he spoke again. "This is our honeymoon and you will make love to me. That is an order by the way." he added with and wink.

Suddenly I was riding passenger in my own body. I began slowly undressing against my will as I was manipulated by his gift of persuasion. Within seconds I was standing before him naked. He came over to me and we moved over towards the bed where we began making love. 30 long torturous minutes later I was finally finished.

I laid on the bed while he continued kissing my body. I felt disgusting and humiliated. I wish my mother and father were here. I wanted to go home.

"What do you want from me? What do I have to do to make you happy?" I asked him

He stopped kissing me and looked up at me. Suddenly he smiled. "That's the smartest thing you've asked all day." He kissed me again. "You see when I say jump you say?"

"When, where, how long and how high" I replied in a mono tone.

He looked at me quietly for a few seconds before he laughed. "Couldn't have said it better myself." He added with a patt on my cheek which caused the pain to rear up again.

Rome rose to his feet and crossed the room to the table that held the punch bowl of blood where he poured himself a cup. He took a sip and then asked if I wanted some which I declined at first but after several minutes of the deliciousness of the small girls blood I was dying for some.

I rose to my feet and crossed the room quickly before I snatched up a cup and filled it to the point of overflowing and gulped it down quickly. After two more cups I was impatient at the lagging from having to refill my cup and picked up the bowl and began drinking from it. After the bowl was empty I threw it aside. It crashed against the wall that it hit.

I was urging for more blood, I needed it to sustain my out of control appetite.

"I need more blood." I said weakly.

Rome laughed to himself as he wrapped his arm around my waist. "Lucky for you they are saving us a few humans." he touched my face. "Hunt them."

I felt a growl erupt in my throat and I bent down into a crouch as I let my vampire instincts take over. It took me a few human seconds to smell the blood and then in another I took off allowing my strong legs to launch me forward. I broke through the door and ran effortlessly at inhuman speed down the halls before I came to a room thats floor was covered in blood.

It seemed that there was one human left and someone was going towards it, another wife maybe? I ran forward and hissed at her as she moved forward towards the cowering human I had set my eyes on. She growled at me and I turned around to face her.

Suddenly a bolt of electricity struck her and she flew backwards against the back wall. I glared at her all the while as she was getting to her feet. She gave me a weary look as she slowly back out of the room. I gave another hiss that I knew she could hear before I turned to my human.

My dinner was in the shape of a male with red hair and green eyes. For the first minute he begged for his life and I listened. After a few more moments my humanity began to make its appearance and I began to feel remorse for the crime I had yet to commit. I didn't like the feeling so I quickly ended his life in a quick snap of his neck.

After I had drained all the blood from his body I threw his carcass aside and rose elegantly to my feet. I began the walk to the door and stopped when I saw an unfamiliar reflection in it. As I gave my full attention to the being in the mirror I realized I was staring at myself. I had red eyes.