Chapter 19

I opened my eyes and once again I found myself back in the place I called hell. I wanted to go back to the moments I shared with my family, even if they weren't reality at its finest. I was still there and my family was with me. I sat up quickly and looked around. I was startled to find out that for once I was alone.

Raising slowly from the bed I stood up. Very quietly I walked to the door and opened it. Sniffing the air I filtered through the scents. I smelled none of the Volturi but I tasted the scent of a human. It was slightly appealing to me and the temptation ran high but I did my best to ignore it.

I slipped from the room and headed quickly down the hall way. I didn't know where the Volturi were, or where my husband even was but in a way that was a good thing. I could escape if I just kept of their radar.

There was only one exit so I exactly where to go. Just as I was heading out I saw the human, or secretary if you will. She looked at me and I could hear her heart speed up. I knew that her veins were pumping with the delicious red liquid that held me captive but I wasn't allowed to drink it. I wasn't a monster I didn't kill people.

"Do you know where my husband is?" I asked her.

The woman closed the book she was writing in and rose to her feet.

"He has gone out with the others hunting, they should return in an hour at most." the human responded.

I nodded my head. This was perfect, I would have enough time to get away if I was quick on my feet. I headed out through tunnel that was the exit and ran as fast as I possibily could. I had just barely made it above ground when I smelled it, smelled them. The Volturi were close enough for my senses to register and I knew I had to move fast.

I turned to the east and took off running as quickly as I could away from the place that held me prisoner. I want to go home, I want to go home, I want to go home. I repeated over and over to myself. For a slight second I felt that familiar feeling that overwhelmed me when I was in bed but then it quickly disappeared. I felt as if someone was following me. I pushed myself harder then I ever had but whatever was following me wasn't giving up.

Then something grabbed me. I let out a scream and began flailing my limbs to try and break free from the thing hunting me. It took me a few seconds to realized the thing was my husband. If I didn't think fast he would surely hit me again.

I froze and looked up at his face before I broke into tears and threw myself into his arms.

"Oh Rome, I woke up and you were gone so I came to look for you and then I thought someone was following me. I was so scared, what if it was my parents? They would have taken me from you. I don't want to leave you." I cried.

Rome wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly.

"I won't ever let them take you from me." He said, his teeth gritted. Rome sniffed the air and I felt him tense up before he let out a hiss. "Come on, lets go home." He said as he lifted me into his arms effortlessly.

I let out a deep breath. That was close, too close. Next time I knew I wouldn't be able to use this excuse so I had to make sure next time I wasted no time fleeing. If I got free and got to a car I could easily steal it and make my way to the airport.

In under a minute we were back underground and I was set to my feet. Rome took my hand and we headed back to the room that was ours.The moment the doors closed he slammed me up against the wall.

"I was thinking on our way back, some thing just didn't add up." He growled an inch from my face. "I trust that you weren't trying to escape from me."

I quickly shook my head.

"I wasn't trying to run away."  I whimpered as I cringed away from him.

He brought his hand down across my face and I fell like a rag doll to the floor.

"Liar!" He snapped as he hovered above me.

"I swear Rome, I love you." I cried.

He nuzzled his lips against my jaw line where he had hit me. I felt sickened, humiliated, home sick. I wanted to vomit, I wanted to simply die.

"Prove it." He said in what I thought was his attempt at a seductive voice.

I knew if I wanted to prove it I had to make love to him willingly. I reached up and grabbed his face before I brought his lips to mine. The kissed started out gentle and then picked up speed as he wanted more. In a matter of seconds we were both naked and entwined as one. When he was finally finished he seemed satisfied enough and left me to clean myself up.

Once again I redressed and then crawled into the bed that was mine and pulled the covers up around myself to hide my shame. I wanted my parents. Maybe if I tried I could do what I did last time. I quickly forced my eyes shut and began trying to think about my parents. I thought about the home that was ours and my bedroom. I thought about the kitchen where my mother and father would make me food and the living room where I would watch football with my father. I then thought about my tire swing where my father and mother would push me on and all the memories of us at the house.

Suddenly I felt my body go warm and begin to tingle. Very slowly the blackness that my closed eyes saw was pixiling and soon enough there was color and then shapes and then a scene. I was in my home.

I walked forward through the tv room which was unoccupied and stopped when I saw myself in the mirror. I was myself this time and I could even see my reflection. I rose my hands up in front of my face and turned them over. It was definitely me.

"Mom, Dad!" I called out as I ran through the house towards the stairs.

I heard footsteps and from the pressure I knew it was my fathers. This was coming from back downstairs. I stopped immeadiately and changed my direction. I hadn't even made it five steps when I saw my father.

"Juliet" My dad whispered as I ran towards him.

I was expecting him to catch me in his arms but it was as if I ran right through him. I stopped and slowly turned around. I could see on my fathers face that he was disraught as I was.

"Daddy." I cried, holding out my arms towards him.

I wanted him to hold me like he did when I was just a child. I wanted him to do what he did when I had fallen and scraped my knee or got hurt. I wanted him to pick me up and make it all better. I wanted my father to tell me that no one was every going to hurt me again.

"Juliet, what has he done to you?" My father asked, his voice full of pain.

It took me a moment to understand what my father was asking but then I remembered Rome hitting me, me having to lie to protect myself from getting any worse. I remembered everything, even him forcefully making love to me.

"Please daddy I want to come home." I said, my voice was full of fear, full of pain. "I just want to come home."

I heard the front door open and my mother and the others walked in. From the look of their golden eyes they had been hunting. When my mother saw me she faltered in her steps before she ran to me. Just like my father she tried to pull me into her arms but I went rigth through her arms.

"What is this?" My mother asked panicked.

"It looks like Juliet can teleport her image." Carlisle said as he was examining me. "It's not really her, its a copy of herself but only just."

"I want her home Carlisle, what do we do?" my mother asked desperately.

My greatest fears were brought to the surface as he confessed that he didn't know how to try and bring me home without killing everyone, myself included. That meant I had to do everything myself.

"How can she not be real though, I can smell her as if she is really here. I can hear her heart beating." My father replied.

"Its her gift, she can double herself and control it while she is doing something else. It is probably a gift she inherited as a defensive mechanism." Carlisle explained.

I felt cold start to fill my body and then I felt as if I was dissppearing. I held my hands up before my face and watched them flickering before I began slowly disappearing. I looked up at my father and mother who were staring right at me and then I was gone.