Aline's POV

"Hello?" I answered, mystified at the number on my screen.

There was a long silence, and then, "Aline it's Serena." I'm confused. Why did she call? She's just in her room! She could've just walked down here to talk to me!

"Why'd you call with a random number? You could've just come downstairs!"

"I'm leaving, Aline, and I probably won't see you for a while. Goodbye Aline." The line went dead.

"What?!" I say, panicked as I rushed up to her room. I knock on the door. No answer. I press my ear against the firm wood. I can't hear any breathing. Backing up, I lunged myself forward, knocking down the door in a clatter of noises. I look around the room, spotting a slip of paper sitting on the bed. It read: Hello Aline, and goodbye. I want to prove that I'm not weak. I probably won't see you again. Take care, Serena.

My hands were trembling as I re-read the note. I folded it up, a tear streaking down my face. "Dumb brunette blue-eyed idiot!" I grumbled, running and grabbing my own bag to pack. I threw in some stuff, zipping up the bag and slinging it over my back as I headed out the door.

"Dear, where are you going?" My ignorant mother asked from the kitchen.

I hesitated, handing her the note. "I'm looking for her." I mumbled, not wanting to see the look on my mothers face as I trudged outside, closing the door behind me before setting off, checking the tracks my sister made and carefully started following.

It must have been some hours I was jogging, my fear was keeping me alive. I could see Serena came the way of the homeless people, although I wasn't sure why. All the sudden I hear a bloodcurdling scream.

Serena.