Serena's POV

I can't believe this. Basically my mom just told me that I was weaker then my sister. I don't know if you've ever been told that you were weaker than someone, but it is NOT a good feeling. I mean it's bad enough that I cause people pain, but then I learn that it was a curse that came from being weak. So basically it wasn't a very good day. I ran up the stairs and into my bedroom. I slammed the door and locked it, and then I broke down. I collapse to the ground, burying my head into my hands as an endless stream of tears bathed my cheeks, clinging to my eyelashes.

"I'm not weak! I'm not weak!" I continued over and over again, in the form of a chant as I pounded my fists against the floor in frustration. I cried for what seemed like hours before I finally calmed down enough to think. I have to get away. I start to pack a bag. I pack all the essentials: toothbrush, a few changes of clothes, and of course, my necklace. My mother gave me and Aline matching necklaces when we were four. We both wear them every day and we never go anywhere without them. Once I have all of my stuff together in a backpack I take out a piece of paper and a pencil and write a note to Aline. She deserves to know why I left. I walk to the window, glancing back at my room before opening it and swiftly clinging through like a thief in the night. The cool night air cools my cheeks, I close the window behind me, jumping down and running as fast as I can, not once glancing behind me.

I only stop once I reach a nearby grocery store. I need to pick up a few things. When I walk in, the first place I go is to the disposable phone section. I buy one of those phones that you put minutes on and throw away when you are finished. I want to hear Aline's voice one more time before I leave her forever.

Once I get everything I need from the store, I set off, putting in Aline's number as I walk. She pickes up on the third ring.

"Hello?" She sounds panicked.

"Aline it's Serena."

"Why'd you call with a random number? You could've just come downstairs!"

"I'm leaving, Aline, and I probably won't see you for a while. Goodbye, Aline."