chapter 4

Demitri

The rest of the day I stayed in my office thinking of ideas to make Anya feel better. I use to do it all the time as kids but roses and jelly teddies won't be good enough anymore. No, not even all the night adventures or road trips would solve this. 

I need to make a list. And pick the best one.

I cancelled all my meetings and appointments for the rest of the day and settled in front of my computer, making the list. Suddenly a great idea struck me and I just had to tell Anya.

As soon as I clocked out I headed to my car, passing my coworkers in my stride not even looking up at them. Wendy greeted me, I think, but my mind was preoccupied. I drove the busy streets and with my luck, I hit rush hour. "Damnit! I don't have time for this!" I yelled in my car honking my horn and receiving some very pissed off looks from my fellow motorists.

Finally after an extra hour of driving I reached her apparent. Jumping out of my car I slammed the door and pressed the lock button on my key and ran to the door. I climbed up the stairs taking the steps two at a time up to the 3rd floor. Finally I quickly jogged down the hall to her door and knocked on her door hastily.

A few moments later she opens the door.

"Demitri? Hi - What are you doing here?" She asked with a surprised look on her face.

"Can I come in?" I asked catching my breath

She opened the door completely and stepped aside to let me in. I walked into the living room while she closed the door behind me.

She was watching friends.... Again.

"Can I get you something to drink?" She asked walking into the kitchen

"No, no thank you. Can we talk?" I say following her into the kitchen

"Sure, what's up?" She grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and took a sip

"I have a plan"

"A plan for what?" She asked with her eyebrows raised looking very curious and confused

"A plan for what to do about your.... uh situation" I don't know what to call this 'illness'

"And what is that?" She asked looking slightly annoyed and arms folded across her chest.

"Well my dear Anya, since you refuse to get treatment and my opinion doesn't matter to you -"

"Demitri... it's not like that. I -" she says looking down at the floor

"I'm not done." I say firmly. Folding my arms across my chest "we are going to do.... everything"

"Huh? What do you mean 'everything'?" She looks more puzzled than ever now

"I mean, you and I are going to do anything and everything you have ever wanted to do. I know you keep a list somewhere so go get it" with each word I sounded more and more excited. A smile grew on my face as her eyes grew as big as saucers.

"Demitri, are you high? Have you been smoking again?" She asks waving her hand in front of my face

"No, I'm serious. Now stop that!" I grabbed a hold of her hand and lowered it not letting go "c'mon sunshine, I know you write down everything you've wanted to do since senior year. Now stop wasting time and let's go get it"

A smile grew on her face as she took my hand and led me down the hall to her bedroom. She had light blue walls decorated with fairy lights and hand painted pictures of butterflies and fairies. You'd think it would look like a kid's room but to me it always looked.... romantic. Like you've walked into a enchanted forest, the figures looked realistic. In the middle of the room was her wooden 4 post bed with dark purple covers. The wall to the left of her bed was covered in photos. Photos of her family, friends, high school events, graduation and collage parties. I noticed that I was in most of the photos with her, including our prom photo.
************************************