Chapter 12

Hello my lovely readers!

I hope you're ready because the next update is here!

Before I go on, I only got a few messages about the cover, and they all said to keep the new one.

I also want to tel you guys about this awesome book I just started reading on Wattpad.

It's called My Rude, Hot, Arrogant, and Annoying Boss by BreeB123.

It's not oneof those cliche office stories either! So you guys should definitely check it out!

So....

Don't forget guys.

...FAN...

...COMMENT...

...VOTE...

<3 Jessica

Jasmyn's POV

What the fuck is he doing here? When Michael said transportation would be arranged, I never suspected he would come here... Or bring Christian! It felt as if my world stopped, and started spinning in an entirely new rhythm when he spoke. It was pure nirvana!  I stepped back when he went to hug me because I didn't trust my treacherous body. It was already heating up to an alarming degree just because he was in the same area as me!

Before I knew what was happening, I found myself embracing him. I felt as if all my thoughts were out there for him to hear, then he hesitated to hug me back. I felt like I was meant to be there. Nothing else existed when I was in his arms! Fuck, I was so happy I cried tears of joy! Then the thought of him only seeing this as a simple gesture to a friend had my tears change to ones of desperation and agony. The twisting sensation in my chest made my body shiver. It was as if he knew I was hurting when he moved his hand to rest on my neck while his thumb made lazy circles on my cheek. Was he trying to comfort me? Did he know I was putty in his hands at that exact moment? I could've stayed in his arms forever, but I knew I had to let go before I said or did something I would regret.

So now, I'm out on my mothers balcony. Attempting to exhale all of my pain along with the smoke, but my thoughts are just making my body feel numb. My body is freezing! Even in the late June weather. I hung and shook my head.

"Pull yourself together, Jasmyn." I spoke to myself. Christian was only here to get me for a job. No other reason. He's not here because he loves me. He made that perfectly clear two years ago.

The sound of the balcony door opening had my body stiffen. I couldn't turn to see who it was in fear of Christian being the one I turned to. I felt large muscular arms wrap around me, and squeeze.

"You okay, Mouse?" Michael questioned in my ear as he rested his chin on my shoulder.

I released a heavy sigh before lifting my head to stare at the trees in front of me. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I asked coolly. I couldn't let Christian's presence change how I acted around my family and friends.

"It's okay to cry, Jazz. I know you don't like people to see it, but you know I won't shun you for letting your emotions free." He whispered into the shell of my ear. "Please, talk to me?" He sounded as if he were in pain. I maneuvered out of his hold to turn and look at him. His piercing blue eyes held so much pain in them. I couldn't make sense of this. Why was he hurting when he was laughing and twirling me around a few minutes ago? I felt the frown in my brow.

"What's wrong, Mikey?"

He let out a breathy chuckle, but his eyes never left mine. "Isn't it obvious? You realy are a mystery Jasmyn. You help anyone with anything, but are too blind to see when someone wants to be here for you. That's why I'm out here. I care about you, and hate to know you're in any pain. I can't just let you stay out here to try and pull yourself together. And I had to almost physically fight Christian to stay inside while I came out here. He cares about you too Jazz." His voice was so serious there was no room for argument.

"But... Why is he here, Michael? Couldn't you just come here yourself? It's already going to be Hell living in the same house he is! I had no time to prepare myself for when I saw him. At least I would've had the trip there to do so, but now I-"

"Do you really believe a seven hour drive would've prepared you? It didn't Christian, and he's also had the past two days to do so as well. He's going insane in there. He wants to be out here with you, but he knows you needed a few minutes to yourself... Away from him."

"You still didn't answer my question. Why is he here?" I was not backing down until I got my answer.

He closed his eyes, pinched the bridge of his nose, and sighed. "You're not going to like this, Mouse. I know that's for sure. But I have to leave tonight for a business meeting, and you're going to be going back with Christian tomorrow morning." He kept his head down, refusing to meet my eyes, and I saw him tense. He knew what was about to happen.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, MICHAEL?" I didn't care if anyone heard me. I was furious. How could he just expect me drop everything and leave? I had to find some way to keep Alec from hurting my friends and family before I left, and a few hours was not enough time to do so.

"Shhh." He hissed as he looked around to see if we caught the attention of any neighbors. "Will you keep your voice down? I doubt you want someone to over hear our conversation."

I couldn't say anything. My face paled as I started looking around myself, and spotted Austin, one of Alec's people, glaring at me from the banister of the breezeway just a few feet away.

"I'm assuming that someone would be me?" He asked in an accusing tone. Austin was a bigger guy, but he was all muscle. He looked like he was made to be a bouncer at a night club instead of working for Alec. He had kind blue eyes and a killer smile with jet black hair that had a shaggy style. He was always kind to me, but I know he would report this to Alec. And God only knows what he's going to do once he finds out.

Michael's head snapped over to Austin. He looked terrified, but I knew that it was only because he was thinking the same thing I was. My knees weakened, and gave out. I slowly sank down, hugged my knees, and cried. I could hear Michael and Austin talking, but I couldn't focus on what they were saying. My mind was going haywire! I would have to go back to Alec, just to ensure my family and friends were safe. I have no idea how he will retaliate! I couldn't stop the strangled sounds coming from my throat. I have officially lost my life. I was so close to being able to see Christian everyday, but now I have no other choice but to wake up to Alec everyday for the rest of my life.

I felt a hand on my back rubbing in a comforting manner, and one under my chin to lift my face. I just shoved my face into my knees, and tightened my hold on them. I couldn't explain to anyone what was going on without telling them everything, and I can't risk them knowing. That would be too dangerous for them.

I would have to tell Christian that I never stopped loving him, and that I never will. This is going to be the first time I ever had the chance to have him hold me, and the last time I will ever be able to speak to him again. The thought brought on a new wave of hurt, and uncontrollable sobbing. Why does love have to be so damn difficult, and hurt so fucking much?